This is ONLY the motor that is featured in the NeveRest Series gearmotors. This motor has a pinion gear pre-installed that interfaces with either our NeveRest Classic gearboxes (12T) or our NeveRest Orbital gearboxes (17T). To produce a reasonable amount of torque for either driving your robot or moving a mechanism you will need one of these gearboxes or a different reduction method such as the NeveRest Sport series gearboxes. Watch this video for step by step instruction on a similar gearbox, and reference this document for steps on using it with the NeveRest Sport. We recommend choosing the 12T option for these as that gear is easier to remove.
The power cable which feeds into the black encoder housing has two different options that are already crimped to the end of the cable. (select your needs above):
- JST VH 2-pin connectors - Classic Motor Option or Orbital Motor Option: This option plug directly into the FIRST Tech Challenge REV Controller
- Anderson Powerpole 15A connectors - Classic Motor Option or Orbital Motor Option
- NeveRest Classic 40 Gearbox No Motor
- NeveRest Classic 60 Gearbox No Motor
- NeveRest Classic 40 Gearmotor
- NeveRest Classic 60 Gearmotor
- According to the FIRST Tech Challenge Game Manual Part, this is legal for use in FTC
- According to the FIRST Robotics Challenge Game Manual, this is legal for use in FRC
Encoder Cable options:
Encoder cables are not included with this motor, and are sold separately. We have three options:
- am-3926a is a cable for connecting the encoder to the REV expansion hub used in FTC.
- am-2992 is a cable which has the white 4-pin connector for the encoder and also the black 4-pin connector for the HiTechnic motor controller.
- am-2993 is a cable which has the white 4-pin connector for the encoder on one end and 4 separate black connectors.
Note: The included screws may be either socket head or philips.
- 17T Gear Size : MOD 0.48
- Connector Type: JST-VH-2, Anderson Powerpoles
- Encoder PPR: 28
- Free Current: 0.4 AMPs
- Gauge: 18 AWG
- Maximum Diameter: 1.5 in. (38 mm)
- Maximum Power: 14 Watts
- Mounting Geometry: 2 M3x0.5 on a 25 mm Bolt Circle
- No Load RPM: 6600 RPM
- Output Shaft Size: 0.125 in. (3.175 mm)
- Overall Length: 3.30 in.
- Poles Per Magnet: 7
- Stall Current: 11.5 AMPs
- Stall Torque: 8.75 oz-in
- Voltage: 12 Volts DC
- Weight: 0.587 lbs
never ending motors
Outstanding across the board.... didn't receive an email when they were avaialable, but was happy to see they were quickly back in stock...
The screws holding the bracket that needs to be removed to attach this to the banebots motor were stripped, so we couldn't get them off. The other one we got was good though.
never rest motors
the never rest (banebots) motors seem to last pretty long, we have been using these since last season and the are much better than the pitsc o motors.
"needs cad file"
"It works great with banebots4-1 but needs cad file"
"The NeveRest Series is awesome!"
I really like these motors for FTC.