Hey, FTC teams, this is for you!
NeveRest Sport planetary gearboxes are created with FIRST Tech Challenge teams in mind. Designed in collaboration with BaneBots, these gearboxes have a Nub-shaped output shaft, and all the mounting features are designed around common FTC hole spacing for maximum compatibility. The shaft and gears are robust, machined steel components designed to withstand many times more power than a NeveRest motor will supply. With seven ratios up to 256:1, you're sure to find a ratio that fits your application.
These gearboxes accept one NeveRest Motor (am-3104), sold separately. We include a packet of Red Tacky Grease (am-2768) with each NeveRest Sport gearbox order; a pea-sized amount on each stage of reduction before running it will ensure smooth, trouble-free operation.
These gearboxes are more expensive and more robust than the small gearboxes usually mounted on the face of NeveRest gearmotors. The NeveRest Sport gearboxes are ideal for applications where more shock loading, dynamic loading, and torque is needed than what a standard NeveRest gearbox (or its mount) can handle. The NeveRest Sports have a max loading of 6700 oz-in, or 35 ft-lbs.
- 6-32 tapped holes on two faces, on a 16 mm hole spacing
- 6-32 tapped holes on a 28 mm bolt circle for face mounting, same as our NeveRest Orbital gearmotor.
- Nub shaped output shaft with 6-32 tapped holes on a 16 mm bolt circle
- 6 mm hole and set screw for any length 6 mm D shaft or 5 mm hex shaft
- The 15 tooth pinion and all internal gears are 0.6 module
- All first stage gear sets have 4 planet gears
- 1 - NeveRest Sport gearbox assembly (depending on which gearbox selected)
- 1 - NeveRest Sport Motor Mounting Kit (am-2890)
- Motor Input: NeveRest
- Motor Quantity: 1
- Ratio: 4:1, 16:1, 20:1, 64:1, 81:1, 104:1, 256:1
NeveRest Sport - 16:1 w/ Nub Output
This is truly a indestructible planetary gearbox that will last countless FTC seasons. The gears are all hardened steel. No plastic gears – Compare that to Gobilda that has plastic gears and output shaft so soft it bends the first time you use there motors. This year we went to a new level in quality and durability by ONLY using NeveRest planetary Gearbox on our NeveRest motors. FTC 3486 Techno Warriors Advanced
NeveRest Sport Gearbox
We used the 20:1 (drive wheels) and the 104:1 (lifting arm) last season. They were unstoppable. We ran them with 6" wheels. We wish there were mounting plates available to work with other build systems. One bit of advice we would add to your installation guide is; after assembly, turn the motor by hand or with a wrench on the output spur to run the grease in and set the gears. Fantastic gearbox for FTC, thank you!