NeveRest Orbital 3.7 Gearmotor
The NeveRest is a gearbox and motor combination with an attached encoder designed with FIRST Tech Challenge teams in mind, by including geometry that matches existing bolt patterns. The shaft is 6m...Read More
- According to the FIRST Tech Challenge Game Manual Part 1, Rule RE09, this is legal for the 2019-2020 FTC Game (SKYSTONE).
- According to the FIRST Robotics Challenge Game Manual, Rule R27, this is legal for the 2020 FRC Game (INFINITE RECHARGE) as it uses the NeveRest am-3104 motor.
Encoder Cable Options:
The NeveRest Orbital 20 does not currently come with our am-2992 cable which has the white 4-pin connector for the encoder and also the black 4-pin connector for the HiTechnic and Modern Robotics motor controller. am-2993 is an optional encoder cable which has the white 4-pin connector on one end and 4 separate black connectors on the other end.
Working with the Encoders:
- Back Drive Force: 1.200 oz-in
- Connector Type: 4-Pin Female JST Encoder,Anderson Powerpoles
- Free Current: 0.500 AMPs
- Gauge: 18 AWG
- Gear Materal: Steel
- Material: Steel with Plastic Encoder Housing
- Maximum Diameter: 1.500 in. (38 mm)
- Maximum Power: 14 Watts
- Mounting Geometry: 4x M3x0.5 on a 28 mm Bolt Circle
- No Load RPM: 1780 RPM
- Output Shaft Size: 0.240 in. (6 mm) D Shaft
- Overall Length: 5.000 in.
- Poles Per Magnet: 7
- Ratio: 3.7:1
- Shaft Hardness: 45-50 Rockwell C
- Stall Current: 11.5 AMPs
- Stall Torque: 32.3 oz-in
- Ticks Per Revolution: 103.6
- Voltage: 12 Volts DC
- Weight: 0.905 lbs
"Met our needs to power a ball launcher for FTC"
"The motors that came in our basic FTC robotics kit were not fast enough to power a ball launcher, so after doing some research, we tried these, and they did the trick with plenty of speed to spare. They are a little bigger than the other motors we had, so the mounts we already had didn't fit them perfectly, but they worked ok. For next season, I will buy the correct mounts. Don't forget to buy your Hall Effect Encoder Cable with 4-pin Connector (am-2992) to go with each motor."