TileRunner - No Wheels or Gearmotors
This is a drive base designed especially for the FIRST Tech Challenge community. We took many lessons from building championship-winning drive systems and adapted it for a robust drive system that ...Read More
This item is currently out of stock
Be of the first to know when this item becomes available
Sign up for a notification when available
0 reviewsWrite a Review
The foundation of this drive base is a set of 0.090 inch thick aluminum components that provide a sturdy structure to build on. All of the holes in the sheet metal are on a global 16mm pattern, which integrates nicely with many structure components already on the market for FIRST Tech Challenge teams. The included plastic bellypan increases the rigidity of the frame and provides ample mounting options for your electronics. The TileRunner features high traction 4" Stealth Wheels, NeveRest 40 motors and PicoBox Gearboxes with multiple gearing options. Strong 9mm HTD belts drive the outer wheels, while the center wheel on each side is direct-driven for a compact, failure-tolerant drive system. The new AndyMark Nub is used throughout the TileRunner, providing a robust D-bore interface that greatly improves torque transmission compared to standard set-screw hubs.
Note: This product ships as an unassembled kit of parts.
The kit comes with 3 different gear ratio options, so that you can experiment and understand how changing the gear ratio affects the driving performance of the TileRunner.
- 45 Tooth and 35 Tooth gear combination yields a 1:0.78 over drive
- Two 40 Tooth gears yield a 1:1 ratio/li>
- 35 Tooth and 45 Tooth gear combination yields a 1:1.28 reduction
The TileRunner has a huge variety of possible configurations. The Stealth wheels can be swapped with higher traction (softer) variants, the PicoBoxes can be mounted at either end instead of the standard location in the middle. The Peanut and Churro cross members can also be moved into a number of alternate locations to best suit your robot's needs. Upgrade kits are available to set up the chassis for running the 4 inch SD mecanum wheels, or a set of omni wheels to give the robot many potential driving modes.
M3 NeveRest Mounting bolts are now 5mm (am-1443) long instead of 6mm. Updated instructions to match the 6-32 Hex Head hardware, added detail to help clarify build steps.
To help robot builders achieve their goals and avoid unnecessary part, TileRunner is available in several variations. These add and subtract parts from the standard TileRunner kit as follows:
- TileRunner GTO (am-3437_gto): For increased maneuverability, this version substitutes NeveRest Orbital 20 gearmotors (am-3637) and black 4" Stealth Wheels (am-2648_Blk) with higher grip than stock and the proper mounting plate, PickBox GEO Plate (am-3476), for the Orbital Gearmotors
- TileRunner BullDozer (am-3437_bd): When you want to push, pick this! NeveRest Classic 60 gearmotors (am-3103) provide maximum torque, while six of our softest compound blue 4" Stealth Wheels (am-2648_Blue) put that to the ground for maximum pushing force. Pushing hard will increase wear on these wheels, so have a spare set handy for competition time.
- TileRunner Mecanum (am-3437_mec): Get set to strafe with four PicoBox Unos replacing the two PicoBox Duos of the standard TileRunner. You'll receive four 4" standard-duty mecanum wheels (am-2538) instead of Stealth Wheels, as well as all the spacers, shafts, and gears to get you up and running.
- TileRunner Omni (am-3437_omni): 6WD with omniwheels at the corners is a popular choice among FIRST Tech Challenge teams. Instead of the standard Stealth Wheels, this variation includes two black 4" stealth wheels (am-2648_Blk), four 4" aluminum omniwheels (am-2948), and the necessary hardware.
- TileRunner Hulk (am-3437_hulk): The TileRunner Hulk is your go-to for heavy robots! Six 4" Performance Wheels (am-3434) and a 10' roll of our Green Grippy Tread (am-2611) replace the Stealth Wheels and provide a very robust drive system.
- TileRunner - No Wheels or Gearmotors (am-3297): Already stocked up on wheels and our NeveRest motors? No worries, this version omits them. You'll still receive the motion and structure components of the standard TileRunner.
Shipping Box Size estimate: 12" x 19" x 3.25"
Weight (TileRunner, with wheels and gearmotors): ~ 11.5 lbs
TileRunner No Wheels no Gearmotors (am-3297):
- 2 - Chassis Inside Plate (am-3392_Inside)
- 2 - Chassis Outside Plate (am-3392_Outside)
- 4 - 4x4 Plate for Chassis (am-3393)
- 1 - Belly Pan for Chassis (am-3394)
- 2 - Peanut Extrusion, 11.25" (am-3395)
- 2 - Churro Tubing, 11.25" (am-3398)
- 8 - Churro, 63mm (am-3399)
- 4 - HTD Timing Belt, 9mm wide, 93T (am-3378)
- 8 - 6mm D Bore Double Boss Nub w/Set Screw (am-3215a)
- 4 - 6mm Round Bore Double Boss Nub w/Set Screw (am-3413)
- 14 - 6x12x4mm Flanged Bearing (am-3377)
- 6 - 24T HTD Pulley, 6mm Bore (am-3401)
- 2 - 24T HTD Pulley Extension (am-3404)
- 6 - 40T Gear for PicoBox (am-3407)
- 4 - 35T Gear for PicoBox (am-3408)
- 4 - 45T Gear for PicoBox (am-3409)
- 8 - Spacer for PicoBox (am-3406)
- 2 - 6mm D Shaft x 100mm (am-3226-100)
- 4 - Aluminum Spacer, 5/16" OD x .257 ID x 1/4" (am-3424)
- 2 - Aluminum Spacer, 8mm OD x 6.15mm ID x 15mm (am-3425)
- 2 - Aluminum Spacer, 12.7mm OD x 6.15mm ID x 9mm (am-3426)
- 1 - Red Tacky Grease, 14.2 gram (am-2768)
- 56 - 6-32 0.5" Hex Head Screw (am-1436)
- 8 - 6-32 x 0.75 in. Hex Head Screw (am-1424)
- 16 - 6-32 x 1.25" Hex Head Screw (am-1437)
- 32 - Nylock Nut, 6-32 (am-1419)
- 28 - 1/4-20 x 0.75 in. Thread Forming Screw (am-1310)
- 8 - 1/4-20 x 1.75" BHCS (am-1420)
- 8 - 1/4-20 Nylock Jam Nut - Bulk Qty (am-1102)
- 24 - M3-0.5 x 5mm SHCS (am-1443)
- 4 - M6-1 x 75mm" SHCS (am-1417)
- 4 - M6 Nylock Nut - Bulk Qty (am-1111)