TileRunner HD Mecanum
Take your strafing to the next level with 4" HD Mecanum Wheels (am-3919). These wheels have an added weight capacity compared to the standard mecanum wheels, and provide a smoother roll against sof...Read More
The foundation of this drive base is a set of 0.090 inch thick aluminum components that provide a sturdy structure to build on. All of the holes in the sheet metal are on a global 16mm pattern, which integrates nicely with many structure components already on the market for FIRST Tech Challenge teams. The included plastic bellypan increases the rigidity of the frame and provides ample mounting options for your electronics. The TileRunner HD Mecanum features 4" HD Mecanum Wheels, NeveRest Classic 40 gearmotors and PicoBox Gearboxes with multiple gearing options. The new AndyMark Nub is used throughout the TileRunner, providing a robust D-bore interface that greatly improves torque transmission compared to standard set-screw hubs.
Note: This product ships as an unassembled kit of parts.
The kit comes with 3 different gear ratio options, so that you can experiment and understand how changing the gear ratio affects the driving performance of the TileRunner.
- 45 Tooth and 35 Tooth gear combination yields a 1:0.78 over drive
- Two 40 Tooth gears yeild a 1:1 ratio
- 35 Tooth and 45 Tooth gear combination yields a 1:1.28 reduction
M3 NeveRest mounting bolts are now 5mm long instead of 6mm. Assembly guides have been updated to match the 6-32 Hex Head hardware and detail has been added to help clarify build steps.
- 2 - Chassis Inside Plate (am-3392_Inside)
- 2 - Chassis Outside Plate (am-3392_Outside)
- 4 - 4x4 Plate for Chassis (am-3393)
- 1 - Belly Pan for Chassis (am-3394)
- 2 - Peanut Extrusion, 11.25" (am-3395)
- 2 - Churro Tubing, 11.25" (am-3398)
- 8 - Churro, 63mm (am-3399)
- 4 - NeveRest Classic 40 Gearmotor (am-2964a)
- 14 - 6x12x4mm Flanged Bearing (am-3377) - two extra included, not needed in assembly
- 12 - 6mm D Bore Double Boss Nub w/Set Screw (am-3215a)
- 4 - Hall Effect Encoder Cable with 4-Pin Connector (am-2992)
- 8 - 40T Gear for PicoBox (am-3407)
- 4 - 35T Gear for PicoBox (am-3408)
- 4 - 45T Gear for PicoBox (am-3409)
- 4 - Uno Plate for PicoBox (am-3423)
- 4 - 6mm D Shaft x 100mm (am-3226-100)
- 16 - Spacer for PicoBox (am-3406)
- 4 - Aluminum Spacer, 12.7mm OD x 6.15mm ID x 9mm (am-3426)
- 1 - Red Tacky Grease, 14.2 gram (am-2768)
- 28 - Thread-Forming Screw, 1/4-20 x 0.75 in. (am-1310)
- 64 - 6-32 0.5" Hex Head Screw Bulk Qty (am-1436)
- 32 - Nylock Nut, 6-32 (am-1419)
- 16 - 1/4-20 x 1.75" BHCS (am-1420)
- 16 - 1/4-20 Nylock Jam Nut - Bulk Qty (am-1102)
- 24 - M3-0.5 x 5mm SHCS (am-1443)
- 16 - 6-32 2.0" Hex Head Screw (am-1499)
- 1 - 4" HD Mecanum Wheel Set (am-3919)
- 8 - 1/4" Aluminum Spacers (am-3424)
Shipping Box size estimate: 12" x 19" x 3.25"
Weight: ~ 20.0 lbs
Another great product!
This is another example of a great product from these guys. This is my 2nd chassis kit from AndyMark, and I am just as happy with this one as I was with the first!
We received 8 x 63mm Churro and one of them is longer. Had to cut and sand it to align to side plates. In the instructions It wasn't clear to put spacers on shaft. Had to do it twice for all wheels. Note from AM 11-20-19: Step 14 of the assembly guide does show placing two spacers on each wheel shaft.