This kit is the perfect addition to a Sport Gearbox to control back drive. This all-metal ratchet assembly is as rock solid and easy to use as the Sport gearboxes it works with. In fact, you can even add it to an already installed gearbox without changing the motor or the gearbox. Just detach the motor, add the ratchet to it, and reattach the assembly.
The ratchet was designed from the ground up with releasability in mind, meaning you can release the ratchet UNDER LOAD in just about any application you can come up with, including supporting a full weight FRC robot without having to lift any of the weight off! This also opens up a whole new set of potential mechanism applications as there is an off-the-shelf solution for easy in-match actuation via a small air cylinder.
This product can be set to lock either clockwise or counterclockwise depending on how it is assembled. Check out the assembly instructions at the bottom of the page for more details.
Items Included in Ratchet:
- 1 - Ratchet Sport Gear (am-4398)
- 1 - Ratchet Sport Pawl (am-4399)
- 1 - Ratchet Sport Body (am-4401)
- 1 - Ratchet Sport Cover Plate (am-4402)
- 1 - Carrier Plate BaneBots Sport 4:1 SD to 4:1 SD (am-4403)
- 2 - 10-32 x 0.625 in. Socket Head Cap Screw with Nylon Thread Lock Patch (am-1120)
- 1 - Short Spring Plunger with Extended Travel (am-1579)
Items Included in Pneumatic Upgrade Kit:
- 1 - 12 mm Bore 10 mm Stroke Air Cylinder (am-4388)
- 1 - Pneumatic Mount Bracket Ratchet Sport (am-4404)
- 2 - 10-32 x 3/8 in. Button Head Cap Screw with Nylon Patch (am-1588)
- 5 - M3-0.5 x 30 mm Socket Head Cap Screw (am-1578)
- 5 - M3-0.5 Nylock Nut (am-1023)
- 2 - M5 / 10-32 Male Fitting to 1/4 in. press-in tube (am-2384)