NeveRest Orbital Gearmotors
$33.00 – $36.00
$19.00 – $36.00
The NeveRest Orbital gearmotor is a robust planetary gearmotor designed for FTC. With many ratios to choose from you can find the right motor for you, from a fast spinning intake to a high reductio...Read More
0 reviewsWrite a Review
The NeveRest Orbital gearmotor is a robust planetary gearmotor designed for FTC. With many ratios to choose from you can find the right motor for you, from a fast spinning intake to a high reduction arm, all are possible with NeveRest Orbitals. They have a pre-installed encoder and an output shaft directly in the center of the output face. The shaft is a 6 mm D and the gearbox housing is 37 mm in diameter.The power cable which feeds into the black encoder housing has two different options that are already crimped to the end of the cable.
- JST-VH-2 connectors: this option plugs directly into the FIRST Tech Challenge REV Controller
- Anderson Powerpole 15A connectors: This is another popular connector with FTC and FRC teams.
- According to the FIRST Tech Challenge Game Manual, all versions of the NeveRest motor are legal in FTC.
- According to the FIRST Robotics Competition Game Manual, all versions of the NeveRest motor are legal in FRC as it uses the NeveRest am-3104 motor.
- PicoBox LEO (am-3614). This gearbox is used for creating chain drives for mechanisms like arms.
- PicoBox GEO (am-3616). This gearbox combines two NeveRest Orbital motors into a single output shaft allowing for combined power at a low ratio.
- PicoBox MEO (am-3615). This gearbox accepts one NeveRest motor and allows for gear changing through PicoBox gearing.
There is an encoder mounted to the backside of this motor. It is a 7 pulse per revolution (PPR), hall effect encoder. Multiply the ratio by 7 to get the PPR of the output shaft. For example the NeverRest 3.7 output shaft provides 25.9 PPR.
Encoder Cable Options:
NeveRest motors do not come with an encoder cable as we offer 3 cable options:
am-3926a allows you to connect the encoder directly to the FIRST Tech Challenge REV Controller.am-2992 has the 4 encoder pins joined in one housing using standard 0.1" spacing.
am-2993 allows you to break out the 4 pins separately if you need them in a different order.
Working with the Encoders:
Working with the Encoders:
If you need the output shaft to be a 1/2" Hex, check out the 6 mm D to 0.5 in. Hex-Shaft Adapter (am-3744a)
- Connector Type: JST-VH-2, Anderson Powerpoles
- Gauge: 18 AWG
- Material: Steel and Plastic
- Maximum Diameter: 1.5 in. (38 mm)
- Maximum Power: 14 Watts
- Mounting Geometry: 4x M3x0.5 on a 28 mm Bolt Circle
- Output Shaft Size: 0.240 in. (6 mm) D Shaft
- Poles Per Magnet: 7
- Stall Current: 11 AMPs
- Voltage: 12 VDC
Don't see what you need?