This chassis is the latest iteration of drive chassis in the AM14U family building on the lessons learned from the last 5 years of AM14U family chassis and the past 10 years AndyMark of supplying the drive chassis for the FIRST Robotics Competition Kit of Parts. This product ships as an un-assembled kit. It features HiGrip Wheels, Toughbox Mini Gearboxes, and a Gates HTD Belts. If this chassis is being used for the FIRST Robotics Competition, please consider the robot perimeter rules and size this chassis accordingly.
This chassis DOES NOT include CIM motors or Bumper Hardware.
Built on the same great features of previous AM14U family chassis, this can be configured into many different perimeter, wheel, and gearbox configurations. There are literally thousands of possible playing configurations.
It is shipped as a Kit with plates that can build its large square configuration, without any components reduced in length. This makes it the largest possible size and allows for the user to trim the length and width of the chassis to become a long or wide version that fits into different the size constraints of each specific year. The assembly instructions show how it can be changed, be sure to check out the assembly videos as well.
For even more wheel and build configurations, check out our AM14U4 upgrade kits.
Assembly Video Guides: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJsMMdkkIYsIoP0sIYWCyQFt6wTzlEUvS
Box Size: 7 in. x 7 in. x 34 in.
Components in this Bundle:
- 2 - Inside Rail(am-3922)
- 2 - End Rail(am-3920)
- 2 - Outside Rail(am-3921)
- 2 - Toughbox Mini, 10.75:1 Ratio, No Shaft Plate (am-2598_107)
- 4 - Belt, Timing, Gates HTD, 15mm Wide, 160T, 800-5M-15(am-2266)
- 4 - Belt, Timing, Gates HTD, 15mm Wide, 120T, 600-5M-15(am-2704)
- 4 - Belt, Timing, Gates HTD, 15mm Wide, 131T, 655-5M-15(am-2571)
- 2 - Churro, 24.25" Long (am-2974)
- 6 - 6" HiGrip Wheel, White(am-0940b)
- 28 - Screw, Self Tapping, 1/4-20 x 0.75 in.(am-1310)
- 4 - Nut, Nylock, 3/8-16(am-1054)
- 4 - Screw, HHCS, 3/8-16 x 4250(am-1297)
- 2 - Hex Spacer, Plastic, 0.50" id, 1.124" od, 0.570" long(am-1305)
- 4 - Spacer, 0.280", 0.382" ID 0.518" OD, Plastic(am-1306)
- 4 - Spacer, 0.850", 0.380" ID 0.75" OD, Plastic(am-1307)
- 24 - Screw, SHCS, 10-32 x 500(am-1002)
- 24 - Nut, Nylock, 10-32(am-1042)
- 12 - Churro, 3.375" Long(am-2569)
- 2 - Hub, 500EX Hex(am-2568)
- 16 - Pulley, Timing, Half, 42 Tooth, HTD Profile, 15mm Wide(am-2234_half)
- 48 - Screw, Thread Forming, 10-24 x 1250, Steel Zinc(am-1266)
- 8 - Bearing, 3/8"ID 1614ZZ(am-0209)
- 2 - Bearing, 1/2" Hex Bore, Heavy Duty Inner Race, FR8ZZ-HexHD(am-2986)
To make this drive, you will need a power and control system like the FRC roboRIO Robot Control Kit (am-3034) or the Cheap & Dirty Electronics for two motors (am-2493). The chassis requires a minimum of CIM style motors (am-0255), but we recommend four CIMs to be competitive in situations like heavy robots, high traction, and pushing match situations that put a lot of load on the motors. You will also need at least one battery, like the Interstate Batteries (am-3062), and a charger like our 6 Amp charger (am-2555).
- Center Drop Distance: 0.140 in. for Long Configuration,0.07 in. for Wide Configuration
- Ratio: 10.75:1
- Weight: 25 lbs