This is the Toughbox Mini. It is similar to the Toughbox, but it is slightly smaller in profile and is 1/2 pound lighter.
The Toughbox Mini uses the same interior parts as our standard Toughbox, and is shipped unassembled. Hardware is included with the gearbox for attaching two CIM style motors.
All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thoroughly grease the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
- Nylon 6/6 with long fiberglass fill, housing
- 20 dp, 14.5 degree pressure angle spur gears
- Steel gears are 4140
- Optional aluminum gears are 6061
|Ratio||Gear||Stall Torque (2 CIMs)||Free Speed||Wheel Speed|
|CIM Gear||Lg. Cluster||Sm. Cluster||Lg. Output||4in.||6in.||8in.|
|5.95:1||14T(am-0034)||50T(am-0149)||24T(am-0177)||40T(am-0178)||42.57 ft-lbs||892.44 rpm||15.58 ft/sec||23.37 ft/sec||31.16 ft/sec|
|7.31:1||14T(am-0034)||50T(am-0149)||21T(am-2564)||43T(am-2565)||52.3 ft-lbs||726.40 rpm||12.68 ft/sec||19.02 ft/sec||25.36 ft/sec|
|8.45:1||14T(am-0034)||50T(am-0149)||19T(am-0176)||45T(am-0179)||60.46 ft-lbs||628.40 rpm||10.97 ft/sec||16.46 ft/sec||21.94 ft/sec|
|10.71:1||14T(am-0034)||50T(am-0149)||16T(am-0747)||48T(am-0885)||76.62 ft-lbs||495.80 rpm||8.66 ft/sec||12.98 ft/sec||17.31 ft/sec|
|12.75:1||14T(am-0034)||50T(am-0149)||14T(am-0151)||50T(am-0150)||91.22 ft-lbs||416.47 rpm||7.27 ft/sec||10.91 ft/sec||14.54 ft/sec|
Common Included Hardware for all versions:
- One - Toughbox Mini Housing
- One - Small Cluster Shaft
- One - 3/8" Flanged Shielded Bearing
- One - 1/2" Flanged Shielded Bearing
- Two - 3/8" Shielded Bearing
- One - Klipring
- Four - 10-32 x 3/4" SHCS (am-1047)
- Four - 10-32 Nylock Nuts
- One - 1/4" Washer (am-1027)
- One - 1/4-20 x 1/2" Button Head Cap Screw
- Four - 5/16 ID Washers
- Two - 8mm ID Retainer Clip
- Two - 2x2x10mm Machine Key
- One - 1/8 x 1/8 x 0.7 Machine Key
- One - Grease Packet
- Angled Plate Versions:
- Flat Plate Versions:
- No Plate Versions:
- 5.95:1 Ratio versions:
Optional Output Shafts:
Toughbox Long Output Shaft (steel)
Toughbox Hex Output Shaft* (steel)
Toughbox Hex Long Output Shaft* (steel)
Toughbox Short Hex Output Shaft* (7075 aluminum)
* The Toughbox can use a hex output shaft, but a FR8ZZ-HexHD bearing (am-2986) must be ordered SEPARATELY to replace the FR8ZZ round bearing supporting the output shaft.
Aluminum Large Cluster Gear can replace the standard steel 50 Tooth Large Cluster Gear.
Aluminum Large Output Gear can replace the standard steel 50 Tooth Large Output Gear.
An optional am-3132 Encoder can be purchased and added to this Toughbox.
- Ratio: 5.95:1,8.45:1,10.71:1,12.75:1
AndyMark is doing great this year
I really think this is the best service year yet from AndyMark. Everything ships quickly.