The most reliable tried, and true gearbox for FIRST Robotics Competition teams. This gearbox has been proven on the field of competition for ten years.
The Toughbox Mini uses the same interior parts as our bulletproof Toughbox. Shipped in an unassembled kit of parts, you save. Hardware is included with the gearbox for attaching two NEO, or CIM style motors.
All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thoroughly grease the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
- Nylon 6/6 with long fiberglass fill, housing
- 20 DP, 14.5-degree pressure angle spur gears
- Steel gears are 4140
- Optional aluminum gears are 6061
Common Included Hardware for all versions:
- One - Toughbox Mini Housing
- One - Small Cluster Shaft
- One - 3/8" Flanged Shielded Bearing
- One - 1/2" Flanged Shielded Bearing
- Two - 3/8" Shielded Bearing
- One - Klipring
- Four - 10-32 x 3/4" SHCS (am-1047)
- Four - 10-32 Nylock Nuts
- One - 1/4" Washer (am-1027)
- One - 1/4-20 x 1/2" Button Head Cap Screw
- Four - 5/16 ID Washers
- Two - 8 mm ID Retainer Clip
- Two - 2x2x10 mm Machine Key
- One - 1/8 x 1/8 x 0.7 Machine Key
- One - Grease Packet
- Angled Plate Versions:
- Flat Plate Versions:
- No Plate Versions:
Optional Output Shafts:
Toughbox Long Output Shaft (steel)
Toughbox Hex Output Shaft* (steel)
Toughbox Hex Long Output Shaft* (steel)
Toughbox Short Hex Output Shaft* (7075 aluminum)
* The Toughbox can use a hex output shaft, but a FR8ZZ-HexHD bearing (am-2986) must be ordered SEPARATELY to replace the FR8ZZ round bearing supporting the output shaft.
Aluminum Large Cluster Gear can replace the standard steel 50 Tooth Large Cluster Gear.
Aluminum Large Output Gear can replace the standard steel 50 Tooth Large Output Gear.
An optional am-3132 Encoder can be purchased and added to this Toughbox.
If there is no table above this line please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Motor Input: CIM, NEO
- Motor Quantity: 1, 2
- Ratio: 8.45:1, 10.71:1, 12.75:1
AndyMark is doing great this year
I really think this is the best service year yet from AndyMark. Everything ships quickly.
"poor fit on round parts of output shaft"
"The output drive shaft did not want to go in either bearing (shaft too large or bearings too small). The shaft also would not fit into the 500key hub purchased at the same time. I wound up running the gearbox and using it as its own lathe to file down the shaft. I also had to file down the back shaft diameter (though less) in order to fit the encoder kit. A retainer clip similar to the am-0033 but 1/2" i.d. would be great to help keep the key inside a hub without needing a shaft collar."