AndyMark will be closed for the Memorial Day Holiday on Monday, May 30th. Wishing everyone a safe & happy holiday weekend!
Product Usage:All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thoroughly grease the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
Toughbox Mini accepts two (or one) 2.5 in. CIM Motors (not included). Hardware is included with the gearbox for attaching two of these motors.
Optional Gear Ratios:
These ratios can be ordered here: ToughBox Mini Options
|Ratio||CIM Gear||Lg. Cluster Gear||Sm. Cluster Gear||Lg. Output Gear|
|10.71:1||14 tooth||50 tooth||16 tooth||48 tooth|
|8.45:1||14 tooth||50 tooth||19 tooth||45 tooth|
|5.95:1||14 tooth||50 tooth||24 tooth||40 tooth|
Weight Reduction with Optional Parts:
Aluminum Large Cluster Gear can replace the standard steel 50 Tooth Large Cluster Gear.
Aluminum Large Output Gear can replace the standard steel 50 Tooth Large Output Gear.
An optional am-3132 Encoder can be purchased and added to this Toughbox.
Optional Output Shafts:
T-Box Long Output Shaft (steel), which is 3.5 in. longer than the standard output shaft
Toughbox Hex Output Shaft* (steel)
Toughbox Hex Long Output Shaft* (steel)
Toughbox Hex Output Shaft* (7175 aluminum)
Toughbox Hex Long Output Shaft* (7175 aluminum)
Aluminum Hex Output Shafts:
* The Toughbox can use a hex output shaft, but a FR8ZZ-HexHD bearing ( am-2986) MUST be ordered SEPARATELY to replace the FR8ZZ bearing supporting the output shaft.
Made in the USA:
Bearings and screws were not made in the USA. All other components were designed, manufactured and assembled in the United States of America.
- Input Gear: CIM Gear, 14 tooth, 0.315 in. bore w/ 2mm keyway
- Large Cluster Gear: 50 tooth, 3/8 in. hex bore
- Large Output Gear: 50 tooth, 1/2 in. hex bore
- Material: 4140 steel, Nylon 6/6 with long fiberglass fill
- Output Shaft: 1/2 in. diameter, with 1/8 in. keyway, 4140 steel
- Product Lifecycle: Other options available, <a href='/products/toughbox-mini-options?sku=am-0654'>see this product and other options here.</a>
- Small Cluster Gear: 14 tooth, 3/8 in. hex bore
- Weight: 1.95 lbs
"Tough box mini(am-0654)"
great gearbox, great price, just the item we needed
"Be advised that you will need to have a #3-48 tap and corresponding drill bit in order to mount a US Digital Encoder. The holes are piloted, but not tapped."
The gearbox plate is slightly different than the ones distributed with the 2013 KOP. One seems quite a tight fit and doesn't spin freely. We are still testing to determine the problem.
Thanks for better pricing $64
Thanks for better pricing $64