4 in. Plaction Wheel with Blue Nitrile Tread
Plaction wheels are a lightweight wheel made of strong molded polycarbonate. This four inch diameter wheel has high traction blue nitrile roughtop tread. High performance plastic and high traction,...Read More
- 2 - 4" Plaction Wheel Halves
- 6 - Individual #10-32 x 1.5" SHCS (am-1014)
- 6 - Individual #10-32 Nylock Nuts
- 1 - 4" Wheel Roughtop Tread
- 2 - Individual Alligator Clips
- 1 - Individual Alligator Clip Pins
There are two ways to drive this wheel. One way is with a Axle and Hub, and the other is with a Sprocket. To install a sprocket or hub onto a Plaction wheel, use 10-32 x 1.75" socket head screw (qty. 3 or 6), and 10-32 nylock nuts. To use one sprocket on each side of a Plaction wheel (2 sprockets total) use 10-32 x 2.5" screws (3 or 6) and 10-32 nylock nuts.
With Axle and Hub:
- If you wish to drive this wheel with an Axle and Hub, you can pick your hub by fitting any of the AndyMark hubs (except the Small DD Globe Hub) to this wheel. Hubs are NOT included in the price of the wheel. If this is your choice, then no bearing is needed.
- If you wish to drive this wheel with a sprocket, then the sprocket needs to be attached to the side of the wheel, and two ball bearings need to be pressed into the wheel (one on each side). The smallest sprocket that will work with these wheels is a S35-24 tooth and a S25-36 tooth sprocket.
- If your design needs this wheel to spin on a stationary axle (and possibly be driven by a sprocket), you will need 2 bearings with a 1.125" od pressed into this wheel. Use am-0029 for a 1/2" bore and am-0209 for a 3/8" bore. One bearing is pressed into each side of the wheel. Bearings are NOT included in the price of this wheel.
- This wheel is designed to capture 1" wide conveyor belt tread (Roughtop or Wedgetop) between 2 wheel halves. The 6 perimeter screws can be loosened by 1/8 inch to install the desired tread. We recommend using Alligator Clips to hold the tread together on the wheel. One 4" wheel Roughtop Tread is included in the price of the wheel.
This wheel is designed so that a 3" PVC schedule 40 pipe can be inserted between the two wheel halves, and a wider wheel can be created (additional tread may be needed).
- Bolt Pattern: 6 Holes around a 1.875 in. diameter circle
- Bore: 1.124 in. bore, 0.25 in. deep on either side
- Diameter: 4 in.
- Load Capacity: 200 lbs (estimated)
- Material: Black Polycarbonate
- Tread Width: 1 in.
- Weight: 0.55 lbs
- Width: 1.00 in.
I initially purchased this product for aid in the creation of the carousel limb on my robot. Upon arrival, however, an entire new dimension of the AndyMark product chain was revealed to me. This item isn’t constrained to functioning merely as an ergonomic, affordable, visually pleasing wheel. It shatters boundaries in the field of robotic produce, not being bound by merely touch and sight, but challenging an entirely new sense to the STEM field- smell. This wheel smells incredible. One singular whiff will transport you to the pink sand beaches of Bermuda, rum cocktail in hand. Two whiffs will transport you the warmest memory of your childhood, sedated by nostalgia and the golden sunset softly seeping in through the smudged window of innocence. Three whiffs will sedate you better than any anesthesia (horse tranquilizer barely beats it, but this product is legal and doesn’t require injection). 4 whiffs will either teleport you to the rolling hills of Valhalla, or give you a slight sore throat. And at 5 whiffs? You’ve become Andy. The sweet, vanilla, rubbery scent pervades every ounce of your being and each vain pumps with testosterone and Entrapption Stars. Nothing can stop you, and nothing will. To you, Andy, I raise my rum cocktail. You’ve provided me with more than an outstanding product. You’ve provided me with purpose, with reason, with identity. Thank you, Andy.
After a few matches I would replace tread to ensure grip.