4 in. Plaction Wheel with Blue Nitrile Tread
Plaction wheels are a lightweight wheel made of strong molded polycarbonate. This four inch diameter wheel has high traction blue nitrile roughtop tread. High performance plastic and high traction,...Read More
- 2 - 4" Plaction Wheel Halves
- 6 - Individual #10-32 x 1.5" SHCS (am-1014)
- 6 - Individual #10-32 Nylock Nuts
- 1 - 4" Wheel Roughtop Tread
- 2 - Individual Alligator Clips
- 1 - Individual Alligator Clip Pins
There are two ways to drive this wheel. One way is with a Axle and Hub, and the other is with a Sprocket. To install a sprocket or hub onto a Plaction wheel, use 10-32 x 1.75" socket head screw (qty. 3 or 6), and 10-32 nylock nuts. To use one sprocket on each side of a Plaction wheel (2 sprockets total) use 10-32 x 2.5" screws (3 or 6) and 10-32 nylock nuts.
With Axle and Hub:
- If you wish to drive this wheel with an Axle and Hub, you can pick your hub by fitting any of the AndyMark hubs (except the Small DD Globe Hub) to this wheel. Hubs are NOT included in the price of the wheel. If this is your choice, then no bearing is needed.
- If you wish to drive this wheel with a sprocket, then the sprocket needs to be attached to the side of the wheel, and two ball bearings need to be pressed into the wheel (one on each side). The smallest sprocket that will work with these wheels is a S35-24 tooth and a S25-36 tooth sprocket.
- If your design needs this wheel to spin on a stationary axle (and possibly be driven by a sprocket), you will need 2 bearings with a 1.125" od pressed into this wheel. Use am-0029 for a 1/2" bore and am-0209 for a 3/8" bore. One bearing is pressed into each side of the wheel. Bearings are NOT included in the price of this wheel.
- This wheel is designed to capture 1" wide conveyor belt tread (Roughtop or Wedgetop) between 2 wheel halves. The 6 perimeter screws can be loosened by 1/8 inch to install the desired tread. We recommend using Alligator Clips to hold the tread together on the wheel. One 4" wheel Roughtop Tread is included in the price of the wheel.
This wheel is designed so that a 3" PVC schedule 40 pipe can be inserted between the two wheel halves, and a wider wheel can be created (additional tread may be needed).
- Bolt Pattern: 6 Holes around a 1.875" diameter circle
- Bore: 1.124 in. bore, 0.25 in. deep on either side
- Diameter: 4 in.
- Load Capacity: 200 lbs (estimated)
- Material: Black Polycarbonate
- Tread Width: 1 in.
- Weight: 0.55 lbs
- Width: 1.00 in.
After a few matches I would replace tread to ensure grip.