Swerve & Steer Module
As of Summer 2016, ready for the 2017 FRC build season the Swerve and Steer module has had a number of improvements. The absolute encoder, am-3308 now has mounting locations to give a 1:1 gear rati...Read More
This item is currently out of stock
Estimated back in stock: Dec 19, 2018
Be of the first to know when this item becomes available
Sign up for a notification when available
The Swerve and Steer module is an all-in-one swerve gearbox AND steering module. The wheel propulsion is powered by a CIM Motor, while the steering torque is managed by a PG71 gearmotor. Both of these motors are mounted to a main motor plate, which can easily be mounted to extrusion frame or other structure.
The PG71 has an encoder on the back side of the 775 motor, which can help keep track of the steering location. In order to use this method of closed-loop encoder tracking, use a 3/16" allen wrench to ensure that the motor plate, bearing plate, and gear late are all aligned before operation. Alternatively, there is a location to mount an absolute encoder (this absolute is not included). Both motors are included in the low price. This module is shipped fully assembled.
Drive Gearing & Ratio:
- 12 tooth spur gear is driven by CIM Motor
- 40 tooth spur gear is driven by 12 tooth gear
- 20 tooth bevel gear is co-axial with and driven by 40 tooth gear
- 40 tooth bevel gear is driven by 20 tooth bevel gear
- 4" HiGrip Wheel is co-axial with and driven by the 40 tooth bevel gear
- Overall Gear Ratio: 6.67:1
- 660 rpm
- 11.5 ft/sec (using the included 4" HiGrip wheel)
- 48 tooth spur gear is driven by PG71 gearmotor
- 40 tooth spur gear is driven by 48 tooth gear
- Lower portion of module pivots directly with the 40 tooth gear
- Overall Gear Ratio: 1:1.2 (over-driven)
- Steer Speed: 90 rpm
- A hall effect encoder is included on the PG71
- An optional absolute encoder could be added to this assembly using this 40 tooth Encoder Gear. The encoder we suggest is MA3-A10-250-N Absolute Encoder (am-2899).
- 1 CIM motor for Driving
- 1 PG71 for Steering
Team 1640 has some example code for driving a swerve system. Their Cheif Delphi post can be found here, https://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/2704. The Library and explination can be downloaded here, http://files.andymark.com/FRC1640_2011_PivotDriveLibrary.zip
- Overall Height: 12.04"
- Weight: 9.4 lbs
Big robot? Just the thing!
This is one of THE HIGHEST QUALITY and MOST COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT parts I have EVER PURCHASED in my 25 YEARS of robotics experience! I cannot STRESS THIS ENOUGH! It will make your next robot build a JOY! Worth EVERY PENNY. Period. And Customer Service and support are BAR NONE. Shop here. Buy here. Support this company.