AndyMark will be closed for the Memorial Day Holiday on Monday, May 30th. Wishing everyone a safe & happy holiday weekend!
The purpose of this gearbox system, or "Modulox", is to provide a unique modular and flexible solution for prototyping drive mechanisms.
The Modulox system is a modular gearbox solution which uses innovative packaging that allows for an unparalleled level of flexibility in design. The key design feature allowing this modularity is a unique set of keyed bearing blocks that, when tightened, lock the gears in place. Hex shafts and bearings are used to allow for a high level of interchangeability.
NOTE: "Beat Box" Modulox Gearbox is shipped un-assembled, in a kit form.
The CIM Motor is NOT included in this gearbox. This motor must be purchased separately.
"Beat Box" Modulox Gearbox accepts one 2.5 inch CIM Motor. Hardware is included for attaching one of these motors.
- Six - Bearing Blocks for Modulox
- Two - 1/2" Hex Bore, Flanged, Shielded Ball Bearings
- Five - Back Blocks for Modulox
- One - 8mm id Retainer Clip
- One - 14 Tooth CIM Gear
- One - Thru Block for Modulox
- Four - Rail Spacers for Modulox
- One - 1/2" x 5" Long Hex Shaft
- Two - Motor Receivers for Modulox
- Two - #10-32 x 3/4" SHCS (am-1047)
- Four - #10-32 Nylock Nuts Buy a Bag
- Four - #10-32 x 2-1/2" SHCSBuy a Bag
- Four - 3/8" Hex Bore, Flanged, Shielded Ball Bearings
- One - 3/8" Hex Bore14 Tooth Standard Width Gear
- One - 2x2x10 mm Steel Machine Key
- One - 3/8" Hex Shaft
- Two - 2 Slot Modulox Plates
- Si - 5/16" Flat Washer (am-1009)
- Twenty-Four - 6-32 x 1/2" SHCS Zinc Screw
- One - 56 Tooth FlexHub Gear
- One - 35 Tooth FlexHub Gear
- One - Aluminum Clamp on Shaft Collar, 1/2" Bore, for Modulox Gearbox
- Two - 50 Tooth FlexHub Gear
- One - 45 Tooth FlexHub Gear
- One - 28 Tooth FlexHub Gear
- Two - 1/2" Hex Bore FlexHub
- Six - 3/8" Hex Bore FlexHub
- One - 8mm Round Bore FlexHub
- Fourteen - 3/4" diameter Snap Ring
- Product Lifecycle: discontinued
- Ratio: Determined by User
Returns are not accepted for this product.
"Customizable? Not really."
"Although this gearbox claims to be very modular and customizable, it's anything but such. The hex shafts you put your slider gears on are a different size than the output shaft, which only gives you the option of putting two gears on the output shaft, instead of any of the gears provided. There's also no way to have an overdrive (ie smallest gear on output, and a large gear turning it, for speed) because of this fact. Spacing is always a hassle too."