Assembled String Potentiometer
A string potentiometer is a great way to detect position and travel for a robot mechanism. Spring-tension inside the enclosure ensures the string retracts as your mechanism does. The color of the e...Read More
- Three - 4-40 x 0.75" Screws (to seal the enclosure)
- One - 4-40 x 3/8" SHCS (to capture the potentiometer shaft)
- One - Retractable String component
- One - Precision Potentiometer, 10 turn, 5Koh
- One - String Potentiometer Enclosure
Assembled Version using modified FRC Team 2468 3D Print Files
- Retractable String Length: ~27 in.
- Spool Circumference: 2.985 in.
Broken out of the package
Bought 2. Didn’t realize it would be 3D printed part. First one pulled string one time and it stayed out. Second one wasn’t giving reliable readings. Went with another type of sensor.
Quality OK. I would have designed mounting base much larger to incorporate 4 screws and made housing thicker for unanticipated abuse.
Got two, installed as steeringangle sensors, they work great and you can't beat the price