6 in. Pneumatic Wheel Kit
Here is a six-inch version of the high-traction wheel kit you know and love which includes a grippy rubber tire, a pneumatic inner tube, and a strong plastic hub. These parts are shipped to you in ...Read More
This item is currently out of stock
Estimated back in stock: Unknown when more will be in stock
Be of the first to know when this item becomes available
Sign up for a notification when available
0 reviewsWrite a Review
Here is a six-inch version of the high-traction wheel kit you know and love which includes a grippy rubber tire, a pneumatic inner tube, and a strong plastic hub. These parts are shipped to you in kit form. The unique aspect about this product is the competition-ready hub. The hub accepts any 150x50mm tire and inner tube, 1.125 in. (outside diameter) ball bearings (2 per wheel are needed), and the mounting holes needed to install hardware to be sprocket-driven or hub-driven. This wheel ships as a separate tire, inner tube, and hub halves. Assembly is required.
- Tube pinching: When assembling the tube within the two hub halves, be careful not to pinch the tube rubber between the plastic hub halves. If assembled with the tube pinched between the hub halves, the tube may puncture and leak.
RPM Rating and notes:
These wheels are designed to be propulsion wheels for driving a robot or wheel chair. The design intent is to be contacting the ground, being driven by a gearbox at a maximum speed of approximately 500 rpm (which results in approximately 13 feet/sec).
Within some applications, this wheel has been used as a shooter of objects, spinning at a very high rpm. For these applications, a higher rpm shows that the wheel may wobble, since the valve stem is mounted off to one side of the center of the wheel hub. We have seen properly balanced wheels, using securely mounted hardware (longer screws, washers) that can handle 5,000 rpm. When spinning this wheel at speeds up to 5,000 rpm, please take proper safety precautions.
- Tire for 6 Inch Pneumatic Wheel (Metric Size 150x50mm), am-2474
- Inner Tube for 6 Inch Pneumatic Wheel, with 45 Degree Stem (for 150x50mm Tire), am-2475
- Hub Assembly for 6 inch Pneumatic Wheel, which includes two (2) black plastic hub halves and six (6) 4-40 x1 Pan Head Phillips thread rolling screws
- #10 Screws and Nuts Needed to Mount a Hub (2 Inch Long Screws are Needed) or a Sprocket (2.25 Inch Long Screws are Needed)
- Aluminum Hub, if Driven by a Shaft
The hub halves are held together with the #4-40 screws. This wheel can accept #10-32 screws for mounting sprockets or hubs, but these are NOT included since different length screws are needed to mount hubs or sprockets. These #10 screws can be mounted to the included 1.875 inch diameter bolt circle. The hub halves need to be assembled together so that the valve stem clearance holes line up. Locating features are present for easy alignment.
With Axle and Hub:
- In order to drive this wheel with a hub, use six (6) #10-32x2.25 screws (am-1156) and six (6) #10-32 nylock nuts (am-1042).
- In order to drive this wheel with a plate sprocket, use six (6) #10-32x2.25 screws (am-1156) and six (6) #10-32 nylock nuts (am-1042).
- Two (2) bearings are needed for this wheel when being driven by a sprocket. Use bearings with a 1.125 inch outer diameter. No flange is needed on either of the bearings.
- If you want to let this wheel spin without being driven, you will need to install two (2) bearings with 1.125 inch outer diameter.
- Bolt Pattern: 6 holes,0.20 diameter on 1.875 in. diameter bolt circle
- Bore: 0.960 in. thru hole,with 1.125 in. x 0.375 in. deep bearing pockets
- Coefficient of Friction: _____
- Diameter: 6.00 in.
- Load Capacity: 120 lbs
- Material: black polycarbonate,gray rubber
- Maximum Pressure: 35 psi
- Tread Width: 1.39 in.
- Valve Stem: The valve stem may stick out up to 0.25 in. from the hub
- Weight: _____
- Width Across Middle: 2.190 in.