All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thoroughly grease the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
This is the Toughbox Mini with a Flat Mount plate. It is similar to the Toughbox, but it is slightly smaller in profile and is 1/2 pound lighter. The Toughbox Mini uses the same interior parts as our standard Toughbox, and is shipped un-assembled.
Toughbox Mini accepts two (or one) 2.5 inch CIM Motors (not included). Hardware is included with the gearbox for attaching two of these motors.
Optional Gear Ratios:
- Overall Ratio: 10.71:1 (standard)
- Gear material: 4140 steel
- Gear type: spur gears, 20 dp, 14.5 degree pressure angle
- Gearbox housing material: Nylon 6/6 with long fiberglass fill
- Output shaft: 1/2 inch diameter, with 1/8" keyway, 4140 steel
- Weight: 1.95 pounds
- Input Gear: CIM Gear, 14 tooth, 0.315 inch bore w/ 2mm keyway
- Large Cluster Gear: 50 tooth, 3/8 inch hex bore
- Small Cluster Gear: 16 tooth, 3/8 inch hex bore
- Large Output Gear: 48 tooth, 1/2 inch hex bore
These ratios can be ordered here: ToughBox Mini Options
Weight Reduction with Optional Parts:
Aluminum Large Cluster Gear can replace the standard steel 50 Tooth Large Cluster Gear.
Aluminum Large Output Gear can replace the standard steel 50 Tooth Large Output Gear.
An optional Encoder can be purchased and added to this Toughbox.
Optional Long Output Shaft:
T-Box Long Output Shaft is available, which is 3.5 inches longer than the standard Output Shaft.
Aluminum Hex Output Shafts:
The Toughbox can use a hex aluminum output shaft and a long hex aluminum output shaft, but a FR8ZZ-Hex bearing MUST be ordered SEPARATELY to replace the FR8ZZ bearing supporting the output shaft.