CIMple Box Single Stage Gearbox
Product Usage:All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuous...Read More
All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thoroughly grease the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
This gearbox is a single-stage, single reduction gearbox that yields a 4.67:1 gear reduction from a CIM style input. This gearbox is shipped in kit form, unassembled. The CIM Motors are NOT INCLUDED with this gearbox.
CIMple Box accepts two (or one) NEO, or 2.5 in. CIM style Motors. Hardware is included for attaching two of these motors.
- 1 - 1/2 in. id Flanged, Shielded Ball Bearing (FR8ZZ) (am-0030)
- 2 - Retaining Ring, 8mm id (am-0033)
- 1 - 3/8 in. id bearing, shielded (R6ZZ) (am-0516)
- 1 - CIMple Box Shaft Plate (am-0738)
- 1 - CIMple Box Housing (am-0739)
- 2 - 12T 20DP 8mm Bore, Steel Gear (am-0741)
- 1 - 56T 20DP 0.5" Hex Bore, Steel Gear (am-0742)
- 1 - 1/4 in. Flat Washer - Bulk Qty (am-1027)
- 1 - 1/4-20 x 1/2 in. BHCS - Bulk Qty (am-1039)
- 4 - 10-32 Nylock Nut - Bulk Qty (am-1042)
- 1 - 1/8x1/8x0700 Machine Key, steel (am-1043)
- 8 - 10-32 x 5/8 in. SHCS w/ Nylon Thread Lock Patch - Bulk Qty (am-1120)
- 2 - 2x2x10 mm Machine Key, steel (am-1121)
- 1 - Red Tacky Grease, 14.2 gram (am-2768)
- 1 - 1/2 in. Keyed Steel Output Shaft with Magnet for CIMple Box & Spinbox (am-0740b)
- Diametral Pitch: 20
- Gear Type: Spur
- Material: 4140 Steel, Nylon
- Motor Input: CIM, NEO
- Motor Quantity: 1, 2
- Output Shaft: 1/2 in. Diameter, 1/8 in. Keyway, 4140 Steel
- Pressure Angle: 14.5
- Ratio: 4.67:1
- Weight: 1.40 lbs
CIMple not so simple
We needed a low format gearbox to add a spooling pulley for a two stage vertical slide extension. We had to modify the box and shaft to achieve the result we wanted, using a 1/2 inch hex drive shaft with the magnet cut off and a second snapping cut into the shaft. We then had to use a step drill to bore out the side holes to allow the gears from the cim motors to extend through the bracket. The single down bolting cut bracket would allow flex in our application and the back of the two cim motors had to be strapped down to prevent flex. Maybe we picked the wrong gearbox for our application but with the shortages during build season we got what we could and made it work.
Awesome! Worked Perfectly!!
This is what we decided to go with for our rope climbing mechanism, and it worked flawlessly, once we got enough power to it and put a 2nd CiM motor on it!
This is very good material and is strong with strength to the engine and is very good in quality to the test, and all good to help mechanics to our robotics.
"Awesome, but would love a 3 motor option"
"This gearbox is great especially because it is so light. With FIRST allowing 6 CIMs this year and other gearboxes that allow you to turn another motor into a CIM in terms of output rpm, even if FIRST only allows 4 CIMs next year a 6 CIM option for this gearbox would be great so that you could avoid the weight of the Toughbox."
Works well, very reliable
one big gear is warped rendering the box useless.
Purchase gear box units
Units arrived in a timely manner, in good order. Your website has room for improvement, hard to navigate through. Regards.
AndyMark comes through again with incredibly fast shipping and response to our online order. Their service and shipping is second to none. Every time we order we are consistently pleased with how the process and the shipping are so smooth Thank you AndyMark!!
For a team engaged in a contest you are too, When I use MSC, I get the item the enxt day or the latest two days. You make great stuff but I can't afford teh time. CB