- Pin 1: VDD
- Pin 2: Ch A
- Pin 3: GND
- Pin 4: Ch B
- 3.3 to 5.0 V supply voltage operation
- Designed to mount on CIM motor drive side
- Spacer tool for magnet installation
- 2 channel quadrature output with 20 pulses per channel per revolution for sensing speed and direction.
- Magnetic technology offers robust performance
- 100% Non-Contacting design (no bearings or bushing) provides an extremely long life expectancy
- Outputs are logic 0 to 3.3 V
- Standard 4 pin Molex connector
- Target Magnet with Set Screw
- Centering Agent
- Encoder cable, 36" long, with single pin connectors (am-2269)
- Voltage: 3.3-5.0
Cheaply built, but not as cheap as some other reviews would have you think. The biggest problem is that the CIM isn't as well anchored to the motor input plate as without it, which allows a bit of flex, especially if you're going to operate at the high current levels CIMs are famous for tolerating.
Beware the cable
Excellent product, but beware of the cable and connection which are pretty small.
Great product but one major flaw!
This is a really nice product, but we ordered 4 of them and none of them worked. After a very frustrating two days of wondering what we were doing wrong, we discovered that the connectors on the supplied cables were not making good contact on any of the CIMcoders. We ended up cutting the connectors off the cables and (very carefully) soldering the wires directly to the CIMcoders. We have had no problems since! In fact, we achieved the best speed control we have ever managed using Talon SRX velocity control mode. 20 pulses per revolution seems low, but since it is on the motor side not the output shaft side, it is quite acceptable. REPLACE THE CONNECTOR and you have a really great product!
Thank you for the prompt and accurate service.