Two options are available, as you can download 3D Prints for the Cap, Case, & Spool. Or you can buy a complete kit that only needs to be assembled.
A portion of the proceeds of this sale will be given to Chap Robotics FRC team 2468, who developed and used this idea on their competition robots.
- Three - 4-40 x 0.75" Screws (to seal the enclosure)
- One - 4-40 x 3/8" SHCS (to capture the potentiometer shaft)
- One - Retractable String component
- Retractable String Length: ~27 inch
- Spool Circumference: 2.985 in (+/- 0.1)
Note: With the retractable string provided you will only be able to get about eight to nine turns out of the ten turn potentiometer. To get the full range, use the spring from the retractable string component and a 30" string instead.
Assembled Version using FRC Team 2468 3D Print Files
- Retractable String Length: ~27 in.
- Spool Circumference: 2.985 in.