The best way to Hall Effect is here. Easily see when the magnet is close to this hall effect sensor with the onboard blue LED. The LED is Solid to indicate it's power and will turn off when the magnet is near.
The sensor works with either pole of the magnet and reading the sensor is easy. 5 volts means the component is safe to move 0v means the magnet is under it. You can use two for mounting and two for a cable tie to hold the connecting cable in place.
Connect this sensor to your robot controller using a male PWM cable into the sensor. Black is ground, red is 5 volts, and white is signal.
Want the best set of hardware? Select this sensor with accessories above for mounting hardware too!
Individual Components within "With Accessories" Bundle
- 1 - 3 Wire 24 inch Male to Female PWM Cable (am-0694)
- 2 - 10-32 Nylock Jam Nut (am-1063)
- 1 - 6-32 Nylock Jam Nut (am-1419)
- 2 - 10-32 x 0.75 Hex Drive Button Head Cap Screw (am-1524)
- 1 - 6-32 x 0.625 in. Flat Head Cap Screw (am-1570)
- 1 - Hall Effect Sensor (am-3313b)
- 1 - 5/8 in. OD 1/8 in. ID Ring Magnet (am-3892)
- 2 - 0.912 in. ID 0.375 in. OD 0.25 in. Long Aluminum Spacer (am-4209)
- High Sensitivity
- Small Footprint
- Blue LED Indicator of Activity
- Designed for FRC use
- Length: 1.41"
- Width: 0.625"
- .201" holes spaced 1" apart
- .0625" Thickness
- Length: 0.75 in.
- Pole Detection: Bipolar
- Thickness: 0.0625 in.
- Voltage: 5 VDC
- Width: 0.75 in.
Great replacement for limit switches
Easy to use and mount, with convenient blue light that is illuminated when the magnet is close to the sensor. Worked great as a no-contact replacement for our traditional limit switch, which kept getting smashed by our robot's arm.