This Roller kit is everything you need to make a custom-length roller - up to 3 feet long! This economical roller system uses Hex Spacer extrusion as a core with incredibly grippy surgical tubing as the outer surface. The roller is designed to be supported with any 3/8 in. round bearings. Use these rollers for intakes to get game pieces into your robot quickly, or chain multiple rollers together to make an internal conveyer system. You can mix and match the ends to get a roller that simply sits and spins with two idle ends, or a roller that is powered at both ends with two hex inserts.
- Cut the hex spacer extrusion to the desired length for the roller.
- This will be the total distance between your bearings minus the 1.25 in. for the hex end and the 0.25 in. for the idle end.
- Slide the surgical tubing over the hex spacer extrusion.
- There are a few methods for this, but we recommend lubricating the hex spacer extrusion with an alcohol based hand sanitizer, and pushing the surgical tubing over. The alcohol will evaporate and leave the two components stuck together.
- Trim the surgical tubing so that ~1 in. of hex spacer extrusion is exposed at either end.
- Measure 3/4 in. from both ends of the hex spacer extrusion and drill 0.201 in. cross hole to secure the inserts.
- You do not have to worry about aligning these holes to the hex profile
- Place the inserts into the tube and secure via provided #10-32 screws through the cross hole
- Place your motion components and hex spacers onto the hex end.
- Place the assembly into position in your structure between two 3/8 in. round bearings.
- Insert the shoulder bolts through the bearings and thread them into the inserts in the roller.
- Diameter: ~1 in.
- Durometer: 50A
- Surface Material: Latex Rubber
Don't see what you need?