This Roller kit is everything you need to make a custom-length roller - up to 3 feet long! This economical roller system uses Hex Spacer extrusion as a core with incredibly grippy surgical tubing a...Read More
0 reviewsWrite a Review
This item is currently out of stock
Estimated back in stock: Mar 19, 2024
Be of the first to know when this item becomes available
Sign up for a notification when available
- Cut the hex spacer extrusion to the desired length for the roller.
- This will be the total distance between your bearings minus the 1.25 in. for the hex end and the 0.25 in. for the idle end.
- Slide the surgical tubing over the hex spacer extrusion.
- There are a few methods for this, but we recommend lubricating the hex spacer extrusion with an alcohol based hand sanitizer, and pushing the surgical tubing over. The alcohol will evaporate and leave the two components stuck together.
- Trim the surgical tubing so that ~1 in. of hex spacer extrusion is exposed at either end.
- Measure 3/4 in. from both ends of the hex spacer extrusion and drill 0.201 in. cross hole to secure the inserts.
- You do not have to worry about aligning these holes to the hex profile
- Place the inserts into the tube and secure via provided #10-32 screws through the cross hole
- Place your motion components and hex spacers onto the hex end.
- Place the assembly into position in your structure between two 3/8 in. round bearings.
- Insert the shoulder bolts through the bearings and thread them into the inserts in the roller.
- Diameter: ~1 in.
- Durometer: 50A
- Surface Material: Latex Rubber