The PicoBox gearboxes are designed specifically for FIRST Tech Challenge teams. These highly configurable gearboxes are a robust solution for teams to make fine adjustments to the output speed and ...Read More
This item is currently out of stock
Be of the first to know when this item becomes available
Sign up for a notification when available
The PicoBox Uno is a single reduction, single motor input gearbox that utilizes steel 32DP gears. This gearbox accepts one NeveRest motor as its input, and has a robust steel 6mm D shaft for it's output.
The kit comes with 3 different gear ratio options, so that you can experiment and understand how changing the gear ratio affects the driving performance of the TileRunner.
- 45 Tooth and 35 Tooth gear combination yields a 1:0.78 over drive
- Two 40 Tooth gears yield a 1:1 ratio
- 35 Tooth and 45 Tooth gear combination yields a 1:1.28 reduction
The PicoBox Uno is not compatible with the NeveRest Motor Only (am-3104) or NeveRest Orbital line, as the PicoBox Uno requires the use of the NeveRest Classic gearbox as part of the motor input assembly. The PicoBox Uno accepts up to one of the following motors at a time:
All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short runtimes in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once the run in period is complete, clean the gears, then thoroughly grease the gear teeth to ensure smooth operation. The gears should regularly be cleaned, inspected, and greased again to ensure proper operation and longer life of your gearbox.
Individual Components within Kit:
- 4 - Nut, Nylock Jam 1/4-20 (am-1102)
- 6 - Screw, SHCS M3-0.5 x 6mm (am-1254)
- 8 - Screw, Hex Head, 6-32 x 1/2" (am-1436)
- 4 - Screw, Hex Head, 1/4-20 x 1 3/4"
- 2 - 6MM D Bore Double Boss Nub w/Set Screw (am-3215)
- 2 - 6x12x4 Flanged Bearing (am-3377)
- 4 - Spacer for PicoBox (am-3406)
- 2 - Gear, 40T for PicoBox (am-3407)
- 1 - Gear, 35T for PicoBox (am-3408)
- 1 - Gear, 45T for PicoBox (am-3409)
- 2 - PicoBox Uno Plate (am-3423)
- 1 - Spacer, aluminum, 12.7mm OD x 6.15mm ID x 9mm (am-3426)
- 1 - 6mm D Shaft, 100mm, plated (am-3226-100)
- 1 - Red Tacky Grease (am-2768)
Connecting to Gadgeteer
Basic User Guide
Programming Example PixyCam Pinout (PDF)
- Ratio: 1:0.78,1:1,1:1.28
- Weight: ~ 1 Lbs
solid gearbox for FTC teams
It is terrific that FTC students can now experience quality gearbox solutions enjoyed by FRC teams.
Change of part
Very good. Very good support team. Excellent attention.