Outdoor Rhino Track Drive
We introduced the Rhino Track Drive in late 2015, and it's been storming competition fields ever since. Once carpets have been tamed, what's left? The great outdoors! This version of the Rhino has...Read More
What's different from the standard Rhino?
- The standard Rhino plates' lightening holes have been removed. This helps keep out debris and provides additional accessory mounting points.
- The drive motors and gearbox have been relocated to sit higher, improving ground clearance.
- #35 chain replaces belt between the Toughbox output shaft and the track pulley, which has more tolerance for debris and can be repaired more easily in the field. (Even in the middle of nowhere, most hardware stores still stock #35 chain or links!)
- This module does not include electronics or motors
Proper track belt tension is detailed in this document.
- Two - Toughbox Mini (am-2598_107)
- Sixteen - 3/8" Bearing 1614ZZ (am-0209)
- Fourty Eight - #10-24 x 1.25 Thread Forming (am-1278)
- Two - S35-15H Aluminium Sprocket (am-2375)
- Two - S35-22L Aluminium Sprocket (am-0216)
- One - #35 Single Strand Chain (am-0367)
- Two - 500EX Hex Hub (am-2568)
- Four - 1/2" Bearing FR8ZZ (am-2986)
- Forty Four - 1/4-20 x 3/4 Thread Forming Screw am-1310)
- Four - 3/8" Collar Clamp, Aluminium (am-2382)
- Two - 250 Sprocket and Pulley Spacer (am-0207a)
- Two - Collar Clamp, 1/2" Hex Bore (am-1238)
- Twelve - #10-32 x 1-1/4" SHCS (am-1260)
- Twelve - #10-32 Nylock Nut (am-1042)
- Four - 3/16 Thick Nylon Spacer (am-1181)
- Two - Rhino Track Timing Belt (am-3288)
- Two - Eye to Eye Turnbuckle (am-3321)
- Four - 1.86-0375 Plastic Spacer (am-0243)
- Four - 0.82 inch x 3/8 Spacer (am-2243)
- Four - 985x375 Spacer (am-0441)
- Twelve - 3/8" Washer (am-1393)
- Twelve - 3/8-16 Nylock Nut (am-1054)
- Sixteen - 20 Tooth Track Drive Pulley (am-3298a)
- Twelve - 3/8-16 x 4.25" HHCS (am-1297)
- Two - Hex Spacer 0.570"L x .05" ID Hex (am-1305)
- Two - Outdoor Rhino Outside Plate
- Two - Outdoor Rhino Inside Plate
- Twenty Two - 3.25" Churro (am-2569)
- Two - 19.25" Churro
- One - 26.13" Peanut Extrusion
- Two - 19.25" Peanut Extrusion
- Material: Carbox Nitrile Rubber
- Overall Length: 30.44 in. with Upper Arm at 34 degree angle, (31.3 in. with Upper Arm at 5 degrees and moved in to secondary pivot point)
- Overall Width: 25.875 in. from plate to plate
- Weight: 70 lbs (Weight may vary depending on customization)
Out of the Box Engagement with Team!
This was ideal for the First Team to have as a working base to practice build during off season and allowed for insightful planning. We have built this to a Demonstration unit for the Team to share with Sponsors, Parents, School Administration, Staff, and Students.