The NR Bevel Box was created to help optimize space inside of a robot. This gearbox can be mounted along the side of the robot structure because the output shaft of the Bevel Box is at a right angle to a NeveRest Orbital Motor, therefore taking up less space. The NR Bevel Box has a similar mounting pattern as our NeveRest Orbital Motors, allowing it to be a drop in replacement wherever you would install one of our orbital motors. The output shaft is adjustable, allowing you to optimize the length and position for every application.
A 3D printable file of a protective cover is hosted in the Documents section below. This helps prevent anything from being pinched in the gears, such as wires or fingers. Additionally, it allows users to install a 6 mm x 8 mm bushing (am-1289) in the back to further support the 6 mm D shaft.
- No motor - Mount your own NeveRest Orbital motor to the NR Bevel Box
- NeveRest Orbital 3.7 to 1 (~1784 RPM)
- NeveRest Orbital 13.7 to 1 (~482 RPM)
- NeveRest Orbital 19.2 to 1 (~344 RPM)
- NeveRest Orbital 50.9 to 1 (~130 RPM)
- NeveRest Orbital 263.7 to 1 (~25RPM)
- 36 mm D Shaft
- 100 mm D Shaft
- 175 mm D Shaft
- 450 mm D Shaft
- Gearbox Height: 2 in.
- Gearbox Length: 2 in.
- Gearbox Output: 6 mm D
- Gearbox Width: 1.5 in.
- Mounting Pattern: (8) M3 tapped holes on a 28 mm bolt circle
This is the right gearbox.
This gearbox is a super simple way of making a motor output sideways. The shaft fit is a little loose in the bearings but the 3D printed cover stiffens everything a fair bit.