NI roboRIO 2.0
In order to serve the greater good for the limited quantity of roboRIOs, we are asking teams to purchase only one unit per customer at this time. As noted earlier, we do expect more units in the co...Read More
This item is currently out of stock
Be of the first to know when this item becomes available
Sign up for a notification when available
The NI roboRIO 2.0 is new for the 2022 FIRST Robotics Competition. The most up to date information, and technical specifics, will be published by NI when they become available. For more roboRIO support for FIRST Robotics Competition teams, visit ni.com/frc
This device is designed specifically with FIRST in mind. The announcement of the roboRIO 2.0 on the FIRST Robotics Competition Blog, discusses all the new features to expect.
If you need any assistance with your roboRIO, or have RMA needs, please contact NI through the FIRST Support Forums
- Will my FRC Team receive the roboRIO 2.0 in the 2022 KOP?
- Is the roboRIO still legal for 2022 FRC?
- What programming languages does roboRIO 2.0 support?
- It supports LabVIEW, Java, and C++.
- How is roboRIO 2.0 different from roboRIO 1.0?
- New features are discussed in the FIRST Robotics Competition Blog
- Can non FRC customers purchase a roboRIO 2.0?
- FRC teams, affiliates, partners, and organizers can purchase a roboRIO 2.0 from AndyMark provided they will be used to support FRC teams or competitions.
- Contact NI with inquiries for non-FRC uses
- Can I get more information on the roboRIO 2.0?
- NI will post information on the NI website as it becomes available
- We lost our power connector, where can I get more?
- The Sauro Connector CTF020V8 (am-2076) is the same one included with the roboRIO 2.0.
- If I have a roboRIO 1.0 with an issue can I get a roboRIO 2.0 as replacement?
- At this time the version of roboRIO you have is what will be replaced if NI deems a replacement is needed. You will need to start by contacting NI through the FIRST Support Forums
- Is an SD card included with the roboRIO 2.0?
- Yes, a 4GB microSD card comes preinstalled
- DDR3 Memory: 512 MB
- Nonvolatile Memory: 16 MB (not accessible) / 4GB microSD (accessible)
- Processor speed: 866 MHz
More powerful than 1.0
The RobRIO 2.0 has a faster processor. The storage memory is all contained in the microSD card. There is much more permanent storage than the 1.0. The only way I could change the firmware was by programming the SD card. One feature is that you can have more than one SD card programmed. You can quickly change the SD card to change the loaded program. I am looking forward to the extra memory and the processor speed for image processing.
You will need a new version of the Imaging tool to use this device
The new imaging tool has not been released yet. To use this device now you need access to the Beta version of the 2022 Game Tools so that you can image it.