NeveRest Orbital 3.7 Gearmotor
The NeveRest is a gearbox and motor combination with an attached encoder designed with FIRST Tech Challenge teams in mind, by including geometry that matches existing bolt patterns. The shaft is 6m...Read More
- According to the FIRST Tech Challenge Game Manual Part 1, Rule RE09, this is legal for the 2018 FTC Game.
- According to the FIRST Robotics Challenge Game Manual, Rule R33, this is legal for the 2018 FRC Game as it uses the NeveRest am-3104 motor.
Encoder Cable Options:
The NeveRest Orbital 20 does not currently come with our am-2992 cable which has the white 4-pin connector for the encoder and also the black 4-pin connector for the HiTechnic and Modern Robotics motor controller. am-2993 is an optional encoder cable which has the white 4-pin connector on one end and 4 separate black connectors on the other end.
Working with the Encoders:
Technical Performance Specs:
- Gearbox Reduction: 3.7:1
- Voltage: 12V DC
- No Load Free Speed, at gearbox output shaft: 1784 RPM
- Force Needed to Back-Drive: 1.2 oz-in
- Gearbox Output Power: 14W
- Stall Torque: 32.3 oz-in
- Stall Current: 11.5A
- Poles Per Magnet: 7
- Please be aware the part number am-3461 references the 3 pole version. This is the am-3461a.
- Pulses Per Revolution: 25.9
- (7 Poles x 3.7 Ratio = 25.9)
- Ticks Per Revolution: 103
- Pulses Per Revolution (25.9) x Edges of a Pulse (4) = 103
- Electrical Connection Geometry: 4-pin connector for encoder, pre-installed 18 AWG wires with Anderson PP15 Connectors
- Gauge: 18 AWG
- Lubrication: Pre-Lubricated
- Material: Steel
- Maximum Diameter: 36mm
- Output Shaft Size: 6mm D
- Overall Length: 5.0"
- Weight: ~0.87 lbs
Met our needs to power a ball launcher for FTC
The motors that came in our basic FTC robotics kit were not fast enough to power a ball launcher, so after doing some research, we tried these, and they did the trick with plenty of speed to spare. They are a little bigger than the other motors we had, so the mounts we already had didn't fit them perfectly, but they worked ok. For next season, I will buy the correct mounts. Don't forget to buy your Hall Effect Encoder Cable with 4-pin Connector (am-2992) to go with each motor.