SDS MK4i Swerve Modules
$383.00 – $650.00
AndyMark is proud to offer the most popular swerve drive solution on the market today. AndyMark is more than just a passthrough distributer we are offering a bunch of value add features including: ...Read More
AndyMark is proud to offer the most popular swerve drive solution on the market today. AndyMark is more than just a passthrough distributer we are offering a bunch of value add features including:
- We are a one stop shop where you can buy the modules, motors, encoders all in one place on one order.
- SDS Modules are even valid for use with PDVs!
- We are offering the option to assemble the modules for you so you can hit the ground running
- CANcoders shipping with the assembled version include pre-soldered wires for a true plug and play experience.
The MK4i module inverts the motors on an MK4 module to a lower position where they are out of the way and better protected. Overall height and center of gravity are therefore lower. The MK4i module also moves the wheel further into the corner of the chassis for a wider wheelbase which results in a more stable robot. Because the wheel is moved into an area the frame would typically occupy, the MK4i includes a secondary plate to properly box in the chassis.
Other Highlights of the MK4i module include:
- On-axis steering encoder (zero backlash, module can be disassembled/reassembled without resetting encoder offset)
- All plates made out of 7075-T6 aluminum
- All steel gears
- All moving parts are protected under top plate
- Includes secondary plate to box in frame
- 10-32 mounting holes on main plate for other robot subsystems
- Encoder guard to protect the steering encoder
- Same frame-to-floor height as previous Swerve Drive Specialties modules
- Same L1 - L3 drive ratios as the MK4 module
- No 3D printed parts
- Cable-tie “nubs” keeps cable-ties in place
- Bottom and top mounted chassis options
- Includes wheel tread cut-to-length, drilled, and pre-installed on wheel
- Includes all hardware, including hardware to mount module to robot
- As of July 2023 mounting hardware is #10-32, this change is reflected by an "a" in the part number.
NEO V1.1 motors or Falcon 500 motors are compatible with the MK4 module. CIM motors are not compatible with the MK4 due to their larger diameter. The MK4 module is available with either NEO 8mm bore pinion gears, or Falcon 500 spline bore pinion gears.
The module easily mounts to common 2X1 frame material. The module main plate typically mounts on top of the robot chassis, however, there is also clearance to mount the chassis on top of the module main plate to maximize ground clearance.
- Brand: SDS
We have not used this in competition, but we ar...
We have not used this in competition, but we are pleased with the quality. The modules were fairly easy to assemble with the video from the SDS site. The clearance under the frame is low, so field obstacles might be a problem. (1.44"). I'm hopeful they will be reliable with the steel gears.