LightDrive 12 - LED Controller
The MACH LightDrive 12 Controller is an extremely powerful LED/Lighting controller packed into a very compact 2x3.5 in. board. Using input from 2 PWM channels or CAN bus, the user can independently...Read More
- Controls up to 12 Channels or 4 RGB LED Strips!
- Independent Control Over All Channels
- Supports CAN Communication Enabling Full 24-bit Color
- Simplified Control Option Using 2 PWM Inputs or Serial Port
- Powered Directly from 12V Breaker Panel Provides Up to 15A Total
- Short-Circuit, Overload, Reverse-Polarity, and Mis-wire Protected
- C++, Java, and LabView Example Code Available
- Compact 2x3.5in Footprint
The LightDrive can be controlled in several different ways. The user may choose between CANbus, TTL Serial, and R/C PWM inputs. These methods offer different advantages for detailed information on these protocols, see the User Guide. The LightDrive will switch automatically to the proper protocol based on which signal it sees. If more than one is present, the LightDrive will choose a protocol in the following order: Serial -> CAN -> PWM. Example code, including an API, is available for the FRC RoboRIO controller in C++, Java, and LabView. Simply use the appropriate API for whichever control method you want to use (PWM, CAN, Serial).
Note: The LightDrive is designed to be as resilient as possible against short-circuits and mis-wiring. However, some conditions, such as reverse polarity, may allow current to flow to the connected loads. This may damage the LEDs, though the LightDrive will not be affected.
- Input Voltage: 8-16VDC
- Size: 2.0x3.5in (50.8x88.9mm)
- Weight: 0.07 lbs
Java CAN Doesn't work
The controller seems to work fine (currently using PWM), but however, I can't use CAN on Java to control LEDs. It would be great if the API was updated to support CAN on Java (and any other potential errors).