Hub Assembly for 6 in. Pneumatic Wheel
This is the strong polycarbonate plastic hub for a 6 inch Pneumatic Wheel. This product is shipped in kit form.Hardware: Included Hardware: Two (2) black plastic hub halves Six (6) #4-40x1 Pan ...Read More
This item is currently out of stock
Be of the first to know when this item becomes available
Sign up for a notification when available
- Two (2) black plastic hub halves
- Six (6) #4-40x1 Pan Head Phillips thread rolling screws
- #10 screws and nuts needed to mount a hub (2 inch long screws are needed) or a sprocket (2.25 inch long screws are needed)
- tire and inner tube: Any 150x50mm tire and inner tube can fit this hub, as long as the inner tube has a 90 degree valve stem.
The hub halves are held together with the #4-40 screws. This wheel can accept #10-32 screws for mounting sprockets or hubs, but these are NOT included since different length screws are needed to mount hubs or sprockets. These #10 screws can be mounted to the included 1.875 inch diameter bolt circle. The hub halves need to be assembled together so that the valve stem clearance holes line up. Locating features are present for easy alignment.
With Axle and Hub:
- In order to drive this wheel with a hub, use Hardware Kit 11, which includes #10-32x2 screws (6) and #10-32 nylock nuts (6)
- In order to drive this wheel with a plate sprocket, use Hardware Kit 12, which includes a 550 sprocket spacer, #10-32x2.5 screws (6) and #10-32 nylock nuts (6).
- Two (2) bearings are needed for this wheel, if being driven by a sprocket. Use bearings with a 1.125 inch outer diameter. No flange is needed on either of the bearings.
- If you want to let this wheel spin without being driven, you will need to install two (2) bearings with 1.125 inch outer diameter.
- Bolt Pattern: 6 holes, 0.20 diameter on 1.875 in. diameter bolt circle
- Bore: 0.96 in. thru hole, with 1.125 in. x 0.375 in. deep bearing pockets
- Material: black polycarbonate plastic
- Outside Diameter: 3.375 in.
- Weight: 0.35 lbs
- Width: 2.188 in.
The plastic rims for 6" pneumatic wheels are very light and fit perfectly. The only minor issue I have with the design is the valve stem is a bit difficult to access once assembled.