Looking to start an FIRST Robotics Competition team, or want to have a good start on the robot for your rookie team? This is the kit for you! It combines many of the basics to get you going, with a drive chassis, electronics for the robot, and some extras to get you on your way to building. You'll receive some of these items again in the Kit of Parts, but many of the tools and parts will be useful in your rookie build. (Of course, we highly encourage you to read the manual to ensure your in-season build remains legal.)
Having a few extra helpful tools and parts can make the robot building experience even better. We've put together a kit that provides additional items that enhance your robot and building ability, am-3051.
Please check the web links below for Specifications and more detailed items on these individual parts.
- One - NI roboRIO (am-3000)
- Two - Logitech Gamepad F310 (am-2064)
- Eight - Victor SPX Motor Controller (am-3748) - Updated 9/9/18
- Eight - 3-wire PWM cable, 36 inches (am-0695)
- One - Power Distribution Panel (am-2856)
- One - Voltage Regulator Module (am-2857)
- 1 - Open-Mesh OM5P-AC Dual Band 1.17 Gbps Access Point (am-3205)Default firmware does not work in local configuration
- One - Power Cable for DLink Radio (am-3082)
- Eight - 40 Amp Snap Action Breaker (am-0288)
- Four - 30 Amp Snap Action Breaker (am-0290)
- Two - 20 Amp Snap Action Breaker (am-0289)
- Two - Battery Cable (am-0009)
- One - Set of 2 Batteries: Interstate SLA1116 (am-3062)
- One - Robot Power Cable Kit (am-0975)
- Other Electronics:
- Drive Motors:
- Four - 2.5" CIM Motor (am-0255)
- Planetary Motors and Parts:
- One - PG188 Gearmotor, with Encoder (am-3653) - Uupdated 4/29/19
- Two - PG71 Gearmotor, 0.375 in. Hex Output (am-3652) - Updated 1/11/18
- Three - Hall Effect Encoder Cable, Encoder Connector to Split End Connector (am-2993)
- Three - Planetary GearMotor Bracket (am-2197)
- Three - 375 Key Hub (am-2231b)- Updated 4/29/19
- One - Standard Machine Key Pack (am-2219)
- Other Motors and Parts
- Product Lifecycle: replaced by <a href='https://www.andymark.com/products/frc-intermediate-starter-bundles'>am-4102</a>
Very complete. Great kit.
This kit is a must for startup work. Very well equipped. It could use some extra things as controllers, but you can always order those on their own. This will get you going with a basic working chassis right away!