AM Planetary Gearbox
Product Usage:All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuous...Read More
All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thorough grease of the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
Single speed planetary gearbox, with the same mounting and output interface as a 2.5" CIM motor. Each planet gear has its own bearing to spin freely on the carrier plate pins. A 2.5" CIM Motor may also be used as the motor input, but requires this pinion gear ( am-0556) and a CIM Spacer (am-0555). Additional Stages:
Additional individual stages (am-2491) can be purchased to add to the overall reduction of this gearbox. Two stage (am-2546) and three stage (am-2547) assembled AM Planetary can also be purchased.
- 9015 motor fits on this gearbox, after the stock pinion gear is removed
- 2.5" CIM Motor can be mounted, with a bored-out sun gear and a spacer
- Two - 8mm id ball bearings, (19mm od, 22mm od) supporting output shaft
- One - Steel planet and sun gears, 32 dp, 20 degree p.a.
- Five - Planet gears (12 tooth)
- One - 15 tooth sun gear, with 0.125 inch bore
- One - 40 tooth ring gear
(with the input being a 9015 Fisher-Price motor)
- Input voltage: 12 volts
- Stall Torque: 1.12 ft-lb.
- Free speed: approximately 4,000 rpm
Bearings and screws were not made in the USA. All other components were designed, manufactured and assembled in the United States of America.
Install the aluminum plate to the face of the motor BEFORE pressing the pinion gear onto the motor shaft, so the assembly looks like this.
- Material: body is aluminum, shaft is 4140 steel
- Mounting Holes: #10-32 tapped holes (2), on a 2" bolt circle to attach at output shaft
- Weight: 0.63 lbs
The mounting instructions aren't available for mounting this gearbox with the adapter to the CIM motor. Screws for CIM motor aren't included with CIM adapter for this gearbox.The hex ring gear is moving a little bit inside the housing.
Gives Lots of Options
Converting a FP or AM motor with gear reduction to CIM mounting gives us a lot of options. I used this in our shooter this year, prototyped with the new AM Worm drive and even used to test new transmission ideas. Thanks AM!!!!!