This is the 8 in. SmoothGrip wheel. In 2010 it was provided in the FRC Kit of Parts under the name "FIRST Wheel". No bearings are included.
Usage With Axle and Hub:
- If you wish to drive this wheel with an axle and hub, you can pick your hub by fitting any of the AndyMark hubs to this wheel. Hubs are not included with this wheel. If this is your choice, then no bearing is needed. To install a hub onto this wheel, use #10-24x3/4 thread forming screws.
Usage With Sprockets and Bearings:
- If you wish to drive this wheel with a sprocket, then the sprocket needs to be attached to the side of the wheel with #10-24x3/4 thread forming screws. You will also need to press ball bearings into the wheel so that it may spin on a shaft or bolt. The ball bearings must have a 1.125 in. od. For a 1/2 in. shafts, use am-0181. For a 3/8 in. shafts use am-0209.
- Bolt Pattern: six holes (0.17 in. diameter) on a 1.875 in. diameter bolt circle.
- Bore: 0.95 in. diameter through hole, with two 1.125 in. diameter bearing pockets
- CoF: 1.0 static (on tight pile carpet)
- Diameter: 8 in.
- Material: black polycarbonate, 80A durometer urethane rubber
- Weight: 0.62 lbs
BEAST 8' Rims
Awesome wheels, quality product
Good materials, tolerances and performance.
"Took longer to get here than I would have liked Other products I wanted were out of stock"
Very good alternative to 4" or 6" solid wheels.
Very easy to adapt to existing frame.
They were as advertised and are on the Robot.
Good wheels for the price
The wheels are good enough for indoor robots or light weight outdoor robots. I'm not sure how disable they'll be in the sun, but we're happy enough with them to have ordered a second batch!
"I need to know the outside diameter of the inner ring of various bearings. The information will help in design of spacers on shafts. I also need to know the thickness of the hob measured parallel to the spin axis. That's for determining the length of screws that have to pass through the hosed provided for the likes of a sprocket. Where are the CAD or PDF machine drawings? The wheels are fine. It's the data on this web site that bothers me."
I am continue to be very impressed by the excellent service and fast response that I get from the AndyMark team. I enjoy ordering from AndyMark because my order is always accurate and the shipping times are very fast. Thank you AndyMark.
Purchased Rubber Treaded Wheels
The shipping prices for 2-day and faster deliveries were a bit high. Otherwise, my rating would be excellent.