6 in. Pneumatic Wheel Hub Assembly
This is the strong polycarbonate plastic hub for a 6-inch Pneumatic Wheel. The hub accepts any 6 x 1 1/4 tire and inner tube, 1.125 in. (outside diameter) ball bearings (2 per wheel are needed), an...Read More
- Two (2) black plastic hub halves
- Six (6) #4-40x1 Pan Head Phillips thread rolling screws
- #10 screws and nuts needed to mount a hub (2 inch long screws are needed) or a sprocket (2.25 inch long screws are needed)
- tire and inner tube: Any 150x50mm tire and inner tube can fit this hub, as long as the inner tube has a 90-degree valve stem.
The hub halves are held together with the #4-40 screws. This wheel can accept #10-32 screws for mounting sprockets or hubs, but these are NOT included since different length screws are needed to mount hubs or sprockets. These #10 screws can be mounted to the included 1.875-inch diameter bolt circle. The hub halves need to be assembled together so that the valve stem clearance holes line up. Locating features are present for easy alignment.
- In order to drive this wheel with a hub, use six (6) #10-32x2.25 screws (am-1156) and six (6) #10-32 nylock nuts (am-1042).
- In order to drive this wheel with a plate sprocket,use six (6) #10-32x2.25 screws (am-1156) and six (6) #10-32 nylock nuts (am-1042).
- Two (2) bearings are needed for this wheel when being driven by a sprocket. Use bearings with a 1.125 inch outer diameter. No flange is needed on either of the bearings.
Use as a caster:
- If you want to let this wheel spin without being driven, you will need to install two (2) bearings with 1.125 inch outer diameter.
- Bolt Pattern: 6 holes,0.20 diameter on 1.875 in. diameter bolt circle
- Bore: 0.96 in. thru hole,with 1.125 in. x 0.375 in. deep bearing pockets
- Material: Black Polycarbonate Plastic
- Outside Diameter: 3.537 in.
- Weight: 0.35 lbs
- Width: 2.190 in.
The plastic rims for 6" pneumatic wheels are very light and fit perfectly. The only minor issue I have with the design is the valve stem is a bit difficult to access once assembled.