Looking for a fun and easy way to introduce STEM in your classroom? The Roboterra Robotics Kit enables anyone to build real robots and program them. The kit includes metal parts, servos, LEDs and sensors, so kids can create robots that react to the environment around them.
Just so you know, the computer shown above is not included. It's the stuff on the left.
Roboterra is an award-winning, classroom-focused robotics kit aimed at middle school students eager to learn. It's brought to us by a RoboLoco, an innovative company changing the way students are learning STEM in the classroom. No technology background is needed to grasp what Roboterra curriculum and hardware provides to teachers and students. It's a complete STEM solution in one package!
Let's talk about the curriculum software:
Roboterra Robotics Kit includes access to our Castlerock programming software. Using Castlerock, kids will learn to code while they construct robots that spin, wave arms and flash LEDs. Students use C++ coding language to control their robots, providing a solid foundation to easily explore other languages and skills. Going beyond programming, Castlerock provides a set of tiered challenges that guides students through a planned, conversational curriculum.
It also has user-friendly, real hardware:
This is the stuff hobbyists, makers, and roboticists use, for real! This kit includes aluminum extrusions, controller boards, circuit boards, servos, steel hardware, and tools. As a user follows along the curriculum, they are also developing their skills connecting electronics and metal hardware.
How to Get Started
Included Modules & Parts:
- THINK Module
- 1 - Robocore Robot Controller
- 1 - Battery Base for 6 AA Batteries, Output from 7.2-9.0 volts DC
- 1 - Micro-USB Cable
- SENSE Module
- 2 - Button Modules
- 2 - Black/White Sensor Modules
- 1 - Light Sensor Module
- 1 - Sound Sensor Module
- 6 - Poka-yoke Wires
- ACT Module
- 2 - 180 Degree Digital Servo
- 3 - LED Modules (1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green)
- 2 - Metal Servo Horns
- 2 - Servo Mounting Plates
- 3 - Poka-yoke Wires
- BUILD Module (All Aluminum Structure Parts)
- 12 - Short, I-Shaped Bars, 50 mm Long, 10 mm Wide
- 10 - I-Shaped Aluiminum Bars, 120 mm Long, 10 mm Wide
- 6 - Slot Bars, 110 mm Long, 10 mm Wide
- 1 - U-Shaped Channel, 150 mm Long, 10 mm Wide, 10 mm Deep
- 1 - L-Shaped Bracket, 30 mm Long, 10 mm Wide, 10 mm Tall
- 1 - L-Shaped Plate, 30 mm Long, 30 mm Wide, 10 mm Tall
- CONNECT Module
- 60 - M3 Socket Head Screw, 8 mm Long
- 5 - M3 Flat Head Screw, 10 mm Long
- 40 - M3 Socket Head Screw, 40 mm Long
- 20 - M3 Socket Head Screw, 25 mm Long
- 10 - M3 Shoulder Screw, 10mm Long
- 10 - M3 Shoulder Screw, 25mm Long
- 20 - M3 Lock Nuts
- 100 - M3 Nuts
- 20 - 3 mm Washers
- 20 - M3 Hex Standoffs, 10 mm Long
- 10 - M3 Hex Standoffs, 25 mm Long
- Hex Wrench
- Combination Wrench
Castlerock’s 3D visualization helps students construct robots quickly and easily. This feature provides step-by-step build instructions, viewable in 360 degrees with zoom and rotation, so the goal for each step is clear.
Range of Projects:
Castlerock includes 20+ projects of increasing complexity. Once a student completes the core challenges, their knowledge allows them to begin programming robots however they wish.
Castlerock provides a set of tiered challenges that guides students through a planned, conversational curriculum, teaching the basics of robotic construction and core programming concepts.
Roboterra Curriculum Philosophy:
Roboterra's curriculum and standards are designed to accomplish two goals; inspire students’ inner engineers and to put students on the path to pursue and succeed in higher level STEM fields. We have adopted a Project Based Learning Methodology since we believe “learning by doing” is the most effective way to learn to code and build a robot.