This encoder mounts to the nose of a CIM Motor and senses the rotations of the CIM Motor output shaft. A housing, mounted to the CIM Motor, protects the encoder circuitry while a collet spins with the motor output shaft. This version of the CIMCoder features two major changes to the sensor. The most noticeable is the connector is brought to the edge making it easier to plug in cables. The second change is that there are internal pull-up resistors to work with controllers that require them. This encoder works with the NI roboRIO (am-3000), Talon SRX Speed Controller (am-2854), and Sensor Screen (am-3212). The CIMCoder decreases the over CIM shaft length by 0.31".
Features and Benefits
- Pin 1: VDD
- Pin 2: Ch A
- Pin 3: GND
- Pin 4: Ch B
- 3.3 to 5.0 V supply voltage operation
- Designed to mount on CIM motor drive side
- Spacer tool for magnet installation
- 2 channel quadrature output with 20 pulses per channel per revolution for sensing speed and direction.
- Magnetic technology offers robust performance
- 100% Non-Contacting design (no bearings or bushing) provides an extremely long life expectancy
- Outputs are logic 0 to 3.3 V
- Standard 4 pin Molex connector
Thank you to FIRST Robotics team 141, WOBOT for approaching AndyMark with this design concept and for working with the product manufacturer in development of this product. They wished to create a product to better the FIRST community, and deserve much credit for making this positive impact.