This is the Toughbox Mini. It is similar to the Toughbox, but it is slightly smaller in profile and is 1/2 pound lighter. The Toughbox Mini uses the same interior parts as our standard Toughbox, and is shipped un-assembled.
Toughbox Mini accepts two (or one) 2.5 inch CIM Motors
(not included). Hardware is included with the gearbox for attaching two of these motors.
Optional Gear Ratios:
- Overall Ratio: 12.75:1 (standard)
- Gear material: 4140 steel
- Gear type: spur gears, 20 dp, 14.5 degree pressure angle
- Gearbox housing material: Nylon 6/6 with long fiberglass fill
- Output shaft: 1/2 inch diameter, with 1/8" keyway, 4140 steel
- Weight: 1.95 pounds
- Input Gear: CIM Gear, 14 tooth, 0.315 inch bore w/ 2mm keyway
- Large Cluster Gear: 50 tooth, 3/8 inch hex bore
- Small Cluster Gear: 14 tooth, 3/8 inch hex bore
- Large Output Gear: 50 tooth, 1/2 inch hex bore
These ratios can be ordered here: ToughBox Mini Options
Weight Reduction with Optional Parts:
Aluminum Large Cluster Gear
can replace the standard steel 50 Tooth Large Cluster Gear.
Aluminum Large Output Gear
can replace the standard steel 50 Tooth Large Output Gear.
An optional Encoder
can be purchased and added to this Toughbox.
Optional Long Output Shaft:
T-Box Long Output Shaft
is available, which is 3.5 inches longer than the standard Output Shaft.
Aluminum Hex Output Shafts:
The Toughbox can use a hex aluminum output shaft
and along hex aluminum output shaft
, but a FR8ZZ-Hex bearing
MUST be ordered SEPARATELY to replace the FR8ZZ bearing supporting the output shaft.