Due to the high volume of orders after FTC kickoff, there may be delays in shipping your order. Thank you for your patience!
NOTE: While there are some worm style gearboxes that do not backdrive, when operated correctly, the Worm Box and RAW Box AndyMark gearboxes do back-drive. This is due to the angle of the worm gears.
- One - Plastic Worm Gear (am-0934)
- One - Plastic Driven Gear, 32 tooth (am-0933)
- One - Back Plate (am-0918)
- One - Output Plate (am-0919a)
- One - End Plate (am-0920)
- One - Motor Plate (am-0921)
- One - Output Shaft (am-0922)
- One - Worm Shaft (am-0923)
- One - Bronze Spacer 0.5" L x 5/16"ID x 0.5"OD (am-2698)
- Two - FR8ZZ Bearing (1/2" id, flanged) (am-0030)
- One - FR6ZZ Bearing (3/8" id, flanged) (am-0028)
- One - Shaft Adapter, 8mm to 500 Hex (am-0588)
- Four - Nylock Nut, #10-32
- One - 1/4 Washer
- One - 1/4-20 x 1/2 BHCS
- Four - #10-32 x 1-3/4 SHCS
- Two - #10-32 x 3/4 SHCS
- Two - Spring Pin, 3/16 x 3/4
- One - 1/8" Machine Key (am-1043)
- Two - Plastic Spacer, 3/16" long, 1/2" id
- One - 2mm Machine Key (am-01121)
- Two - Worm Gear Sleeve (am-2114)
- Input: 8mm (0.313") Shaft, 2mm keyway
- Material: High-Strength Nylon
- Maximum Output Torque: 70 ft-lbs
- Output Shaft: 1/2" Diameter, 1/8" keyway, 4140 steel
- Product Lifecycle: replaced by <a href="https://www.andymark.com/products/raw-box">am-2372</a>
- Ratio: 16:1
- Weight: 1.16 lbs (without motor)
Returns are not accepted for this product.
The boxes work well with one exception. The worm is a press fit on its hex shaft and can work loose and slide back and forth. This generates quit a bit of backlash in the box. Additionall when the worm has moved all the way to the side, not its intended position, very few teeth on the big gear are engaged. I'm sure this impacts the maximim torque capacity although we never broke one. Once we observed this problem our solution was to machine a custom spacer to keep the worm properly centered on the big gear. This spacer should be a part of the kit.
"My main issue with this gearbox is the two bottom mounting holes which are impossible to work with."
"Weak and Overpriced"
"I am usually satisfied with Andy Mark parts, but after using this gearbox in competition this year, and after hearing other horror stories from fellow FRC teams, I would highly recommend not buying this product. The Wormbox is made of nylon and aluminum. Lightweight - yes. However, this product is made of such non-substantial materials that it really should not be used to provide even modest torque to a robotic part. This year we replaced the nylon gear THREE times in two competitions, as the tension pins that transmit torque to the shaft tore right through the weak plastic. What's more, there is plenty of play in the Wormbox, and it should never be used on a part that needs to be rotated to a precise angle. Finally, this lightweight gearbox is a surprising $120.00. This is simply outrageous, considering the cheap material composition and relatively simple design. Overall, the Wormbox is incredibly unreliable for most robotics applications, and is handsomely overpriced. (AndyMark response: We are sorry this gearbox did not work for your application. The intent of this gearbox is that it is a light, quiet, low torque gearbox.)"
Alot stronger than I thought it would be. Smooth running.
Great Job As Usual!!!
Been looking for replacement for my favorite Van Door Motor... AndyMark to the rescue!!!! I prefer face mounting so just adding a few holes and maybe a new plate. Also had to drill out the bearing side of the worm hex shaf for longer planetary gearbox shaft length. AndyMark "NO KA OI" from Team 2348 Cool Geeks. Aloha & Mahalo, Stu
"Great Job As Usual!!!"
"Been looking for replacement for my favorite Van Door Motor... AndyMark to the rescue!!!! I prefer face mounting so just adding a few holes and maybe a new plate. Also had to drill out the bearing side of the worm hex shaf for longer planetary gearbox shaft length. AndyMark "NO KA OI" from Team 2348 Cool Geeks. Aloha & Mahalo, Stu"