Due to the high volume of orders after FTC kickoff, there may be delays in shipping your order. Thank you for your patience!
The Super Shifter includes hardware for pneumatic shifting; the pneumatic cylinder is not included. Pneumatic shifting hardware is installed as standard. Servo shifting hardware is available as an additional hardware package ( am-2442).
Three differences compared to the AM Shifter design:
- An extra reduction stage is included. This stage allows for direct drive applications of 4 in., 6 in. and 8 in. wheels.
- The output shaft extends from the side of the gearbox, as opposed to being captured within the side plates.
- A 2" wide aluminum box tube is used as a protective spacer, safely enclosing the transmission.
Two shifting methods are available for the Super Shifter. The pneumatic method is much stronger and faster than the servo method.
- A pneumatic cylinder, Bimba model 04-0.5-DP, 3/4 in. bore x 1/2 in. stroke, (not included) shifts between high and low gear. This cylinder mounts with a 5/8-18 nut (not included). This is a strong, fast method of shifting, lasting under 0.5 seconds and pushing with 26 Lbs. of force (if using 60 psi). This pneumatic shift can be done while a robot is accelerating.
- A Servo Shifting hardware pack is available (am-2442), but not included with this product.
- A Hi-Tech Servo, model HS-322HD, is included in am-2442, using an actuation fork to shift between the 2 gear settings. This is a slow, weaker method of shifting (compared to pneumatic), taking 1.5-2 seconds and pushing with up to 8 Lbs. of force. A robot driver may need to back off of the throttle to let a servo shift gears while moving.
Gear Ratios Options:
|Part #||Ratio High:Low||Low Gear Ratio||High Gear Ratio||Small Output Gear||Medium Cluster Gear||Final Stage Large Gear||Final Stage Small Gear|
|am-0114||2.56 : 1||24.0 : 1||9.4 : 1||35 tooth||28 tooth||45 tooth||20 tooth|
|am-2253||4.1 : 1||24.0 : 1||6.0 : 1||28 tooth||35 tooth||45 tooth||20 tooth|
All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red, tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thoroughly grease the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
To purchase individual parts to change ratios on your own, see Optional Parts Sold Separately below.
- Shielded, flanged ball bearings
- 4140 steel 20 dp gears, w/ 14.5 degree pressure angle
- 1/4" thick aluminum side plates
- AM-3132 Encoder and Cable
- Two - CIM gears (12 tooth)
- Two - 5/16" retaining clips
- Two - 2mm x 2mm machine keys
- Four - #10-32 screws, for motor mounting
- One - 1/4-28 screw for servo actuation
- One - 1/4-28 nut
- One - 0.33" id plastic spacer (for installation between motor and 12 tooth gear)
- Six - 5/16" id washer to space out CIM gear (3 for each motor)
- Designed for 2 (or 1) motor inputs
- Use CIM motors or AM Planetary Gearboxes or a combination of both
- am-0114 & am-2253 Final Stage: 45:20 gear set
- am-0114 : 35 Tooth Small Output Gear and 28 tooth Medium Cluster Gear
- am-2253 : 28 Tooth Small Output Gear and 35 Tooth Medium Cluster Gear
- Long SS Wheel Shaft (output shaft, sticking out 3.94")
- Long SS Hex Shaft: this is an extended intermediate shaft, used if the final stage is not needed
- Hex SS Wheel Shaft provides a hex output shaft, if a FR8ZZ-Hex bearing is used.
- Hex SS Long Wheel Shaft provides a longer hex output shaft, if a FR8ZZ-Hex bearing is used.
- An aluminum Hex SS Wheel Shaft can replace the standard steel Wheel Shaft
- Four 2" long spacers can replace the black box extrusion, but this exposes interior gearing.
The Super Shifter uses many of the same fabricated parts as the AM Shifters (am-0001 or am-0957) transmissions: CIM gears (12 tooth), Large Cluster Gear, Medium Cluster Gear, Small Output Gear, Large Output Gear, Dog Gear, Cylinder plate, Shifter Shaft, and Shift Block
Encoder Alignment: The encoder wheel fits on the back end of the Wheel Shaft so that the outer face of the encoder wheel is aligned at the same level as the tips of the encoder clip posts, as shown in this picture:
Mounting the Servo Shifting Hardware:
- Product Lifecycle: replaced by <a href='/products/evo-shifter'>EVO Shifter</a>
Returns are not accepted for this product.
Thanks for the great service and user friendly website for ordering robotics parts.
Mounts for Super Shifter
It would be nice to know If any of your gearbox mounts could be used with this transmission on the kit-bot frame.
Terrific company that delivers on time with the proper supplies!
FIRST AndyMark am-0114 Purchase
Great value, easy web ordering, super shipping experience.