Due to the high volume of orders after FTC kickoff, there may be delays in shipping your order. Thank you for your patience!
Here are a few suggestions of parts that can be fabricated through this service:
- Gearbox plates
- Material for angles, before being bent by you
- Custom brackets and gussets
- Sprockets (without chamfered teeth)
- Electrical layout panels
- Robot belly pans
Having issues getting a quote? Send us an email via email@example.com with your STEP and DXF file(s) along with the outer dimensions of your part. We can help clean up files, or help identify any issues that may be preventing a quote from going through.
Fulfillment:Please note that the chosen Fulfillment Option is in addition to the cost and time it takes to ship the package - see our shipping page for more information. We also will not schedule the cutting fabrication until we receive payment for the order. If the order includes additional AndyMark products, they will all ship together after the waterjet parts have been processed.
Design Best Practices:
- The DXF file must be version 14 or newer with specified measurement units to be processed.
- Attention OnShape Users: there's currently a bug in OnShape that causes files exported with imperial measurements to export the dimensions in millimeters but still tagged as inches, making the parts 25.4 times bigger than intended when run through the quoting system. You can work around this by scaling your parts down before exporting or manually editing the $INSUNITS field in your DXF file before uploading.
- The minimum hole size is 0.09 inches
- Inside corners will be cut to have a radius of 0.020" if no fillet is present
- Larger radius dimensions on corners will speed up the cut and generally reduce cost
- No part can be larger than 4'x4'
- Accuracy of cuts no tighter than +/- 0.007"
- This includes the slight taper caused by the jet
- Design holes for bearings to be at least 0.007" diameter smaller than the final bearing diameter. The customer will need to provide finishing reaming / drilling / sanding to get final bearing diameter.
- Parts are sent WITHOUT deburring or sanding, so they may have sharp corners and edges. Most parts will require some post-processing by the customer.
Andymark, especially Adam, did a great job helping me get the parts we needed and they turned out great. We got them in a timely manner.
Ordered 0.25" steel plate for saw table upgrade. Part came quick and quality for as cut, no post processing is excellent. Price is very good. Will definitely use again - I am literally in the process of ordering more parts now. The system is picky about the dxf file. Only one of my CAD tools produced a file that the ordering system liked. Alibre CAD worked fine, Fustion 360 DXF causes a "missing file" error. Something is different in the Fusion DXF header but haven't homed in on it yet.