Toughbox Series 1/2 in. Hex Steel AM14U5 Output Shaft
$12.00 – $16.00
This is the 1/2 in. hex steel output shaft for the Toughbox® series gearboxes when used with the AM14U5. The AM14U5 uses round bearings in the outside plate rather than hex bearings. As a result, t...Read More
0 reviewsWrite a Review
The AM14U5 uses round bearings in the outside plate rather than hex bearings. As a result, this shaft differs from previous AM14U output shafts by having a round portion at the end.
Thanks to the feedback from teams, we've made different versions of this shaft available. If you're using magnetic encoders and need magnets in your shaft, you can order shafts that come with magnets. Want to use non-magnetized dowels for your encoders? We have those too. Don't plan on using encoders? Save some money and order them without pins or magnets.
- No Pins (Supply your own Dowels or Magnets later if needed)
- Included Magnets - for use with the SRX Magnetic Encoder (am-3445).
- Included Steel Dowels - for use with the E4T OEM Miniature Optical Encoder (am-3132) or the REV Through Bore Encoder (am-4650)
To install the provided magnets or pins clean off the pin, apply a few drops of super glue to the hole in the shaft and push the pin in by hand. Give it a turn to spread the glue and wait for it to dry.
If using this shaft with the SRX Magnetic Encoder (am-3445), the SRX Magnetic Encoder Mounting Hardware Kit (am-3565) will be needed. The hardware allows for proper spacing of the encoder from the shaft magnet on Toughbox® Series Gearboxes.
- Diameter of Magnet: 0.25 in.
- Diameter of Small End: 0.37 in.
- Hex Width: 0.5 in.
- Length with Pin: 6 in.
- Length without Pin: 5.2 in.
- Material: Steel
- Weight: 0.34 lbs