The Toughbox Micro offers the same gear ratios as the Toughbox Mini in a smaller footprint and gives easy access for repairs or maintenance. This gearbox features a lightweight, durable plastic molded housing and has two different shaft plate options for endless mounting and usage options. The Toughbox Micro accepts one CIM, NEO, or Falcon motor and is perfect for drivetrain and mechanism uses.
All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our Red Tacky Grease (am-2768). We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, we highly recommend this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation. Once this is completed, thoroughly grease the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
The best solution for encoders on these gearboxes is the SRX Magnetic Encoder (am-3445). The output shafts include a built in magnet to work with this encoder. Use the SRX Magnetic Encoder Mounting Hardware Kit (am-3565) in conjunction with the SRX Magnetic Encoder for a perfect fit.
Included Hardware with ALL options:
- One - Toughbox Micro Housing (am-3157)
- One - Generic Hardware Kit for Toughbox Gearboxes (am-3294)
- One - Toughbox Small Hex Shaft (am-0152)
- One - 3/8" id Flanged, Shielded Ball Bearing (FR6ZZ) (am-0028)
- One - External Klipring for 1/2 inch shaft (am-0206)
- One - Toughbox Large Cluster Gear (am-0149)
- One - Red Tacky Grease, 14.2 gram (am-2768)
- One - Hardware Kit for Toughbox (am-0850)
- Two - 3/8" id bearing, shielded (R6ZZ) (am-0516)
- One - Screw and Nut Pack (am-3296)
Depending on Ratio Options:
- 5:95:1 - One of each - 24 tooth Cluster Gear (am-0177) / 40 tooth Output Gear (am-0178)
- 7.31 - One of each - 21 tooth Cluster Gear (am-2564) / 43 tooth Output Gear (am-2565)
- 8.45 - One of each - 19 tooth Cluster Gear (am-0176) / 45 tooth Output Gear (am-0179)
- 10.71 - One of each - 16 tooth Cluster Gear (am-0747) / 48 tooth Output Gear (am-0885)
- 12.75 - One of each - 14 tooth Cluster Gear (am-0151) / 50 tooth Output Gear (am-0150)
Depending on Plate Option:
- Angled Plate TBMicro
- Flat Plate TBMicro
- No Plate Hex TBMicro
- No Plate Hex TBMicro Long Shaft
- Material: Nylon, Steel
- Motor Input: CIM, NEO, Falcon
- Motor Quantity: 1
- Ratio: 5.95:1, 7.3:1, 8.45:1, 10.71:1, 12.75:1
Nice compact gear box
Once you get the pdf file, it's pretty easy to assemble. Depending on the gear ratio you select, your mileage may vary. (ex: I had two 50 tooth gears instead of 48 per pdf file) but the parts fit as is. Tough plastic shell reminiscent of Bakelite material of the old electrical era. The two pre-lock tite coated bolts are for the CIM Motor, the 4 non-coated bolts are for the shell. Very versatile.
the only complaint I have is that the 1/2 inch hex shaft STEP file is not available.
"Updated Toughbox Gearbox"
"Our FIRST Robotics Competition has used the Toughbox Nano for several years without failure. As the Nano is outdated and replaced by the Micro, we find similar performance and expect similar durability. The new design saves a bit of weight and fits exactly in place of the previous version. The gearbox held up in practice sessions and we anticipate completing competition season without failure."