TB3, Toughbox 3 Stage
Product Usage:All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuous...Read More
This item is currently out of stock
Be of the first to know when this item becomes available
Sign up for a notification when available
All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thoroughly grease the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
This is a three stage version of our popular Toughbox gearbox. This version gives you more reduction within this standard Toughbox profile.
This is a THREE stage Toughbox, with an much larger overall ratio compared to the standard Toughbox. This third stage uses a 60-tooth, 32 dp gear riding on a 3/8 in. hex shaft. This gear can be driven by a 15 tooth pinion gear on a CIM Motor, or a 15 tooth pinion gear on a smaller, 500-series motor. The additional stage provides a standard ratio of 51:1. After the additional stage, the same standard Toughbox gears are used within the TB3. This means that some of the optional Toughbox gears can be used within the TB3, so that overall reductions of 43:1, 34:1, and 24:1 can be attained.
This gearbox is designed for having two 500-series motors (aka: Fisher-Price motor), OR one CIM motor inputs.
Note: This gearbox ships as an un-assembled kit of parts.
Gear Ratios Options:
|Ratio||Standard or Optional||Motor Gear||
32dp Lg. Gear
32dp Sm. Gear
||Lg. Cluster Gear||Sm. Cluster Gear||Lg. Output Gear|
||60 tooth||14 tooth||50 tooth||14 tooth||50 tooth|
||Optional||15 tooth||60 tooth||14 tooth||50 tooth||16 tooth*||48 tooth*|
||Optional||15 tooth||60 tooth||14 tooth||50 tooth||19 tooth*||45 tooth*|
* - These are optional gears and are not included in the standard am-0977 product. In order to attain these gear ratios, these gears will need to be purchased individually.
- One - Motor Plate
- One - Shaft Plate
- One - 50t 20dp Large Output Gear
- Two - 14t 20dp Small Cluster Gears
- One - 50t 20dp Large Cluster Gear
- Two - Steel Gear, 15tooth, 32DP 0.312 Bore (am-3482)
- Four - M3x10mm SHCS (used for Fisher Price mounting)
- One - 15t 32dp CIM Sun Gear (used for CIM motor mounting)
- Four - 10-32 x 5/8 in. SHCS (used for CIM motor mounting)
- One - 60t 32dp Output Gear
- Five - 3/8 in. id flanged Ball Bearings
- One - 1/2 in. id flanged Ball Bearing
- Four - 1/4-20 Nylock Nuts
- Four - 1/4-20 x 2 SHCS
- One - External Klipring for 1/2 in. shaft
- Two - Toughbox Small Hex Shafts
- One - Toughbox Output Shaft
- One - Nylon Spacer
- Two - ToughBox Gearbox Spacer
- Input: One CIM motor OR (one or two Fisher Price motors)
- Material: Steel
- Output: 1/2" Shaft keyed
- Weight: 2.75 lbs (without motor(s))
Tough box skirt.
I have been using the tough boxes for several years. They work well. Th only thing that I don't like is that, on the newer boxes,the aluminum shroud doesn't go all the way around. This means that dust can get into thr gears.
really like the 51:1 gear ratio.