Super Sonic Shifter
Usage Note: The output shaft as been changed to a shorter steel shaft, as the original aluminum longer version was not holding up to usage. This is an AndyMark shifting two-speed transmission, wit...Read More
This item is currently out of stock
Be of the first to know when this item becomes available
Sign up for a notification when available
The output shaft as been changed to a shorter steel shaft, as the original aluminum longer version was not holding up to usage.
This is an AndyMark shifting two-speed transmission, with all the features you already enjoyed on a Sonic Shifter, plus a third motor input. This shift-on-the-fly gearbox, uses a dog gear shifting method. Motor input accepts three CIM motors, three AM Planetary Gearboxes or a combination of either.
Three main differences between this transmission and the Sonic Shifter:
- Super Sonic Shifter can have 3 CIM Motor input.
- Super Sonic Shifter has a larger (50T) gear meshing with the CIM gear (14T).
- Super Sonic Shifter does not have the last stage that the Sonic Shifter (and Super Shifter) does have.
- A pneumatic cylinder, Bimba model 04-0.5-DP, 3/4" bore x 1/2" stroke, (not included) shifts between high and low gear. This cylinder mounts with a 5/8-18 nut (not included). This is a strong, fast method of shifting, lasting under 0.5 seconds and pushing with 26 pounds of force (if using 60 psi). This pneumatic shift can be done while a robot is accelerating.
- Super Sonic Shifters come with needed hardware to mount 3 CIM Motors (not included)
- Designed for 3 (or 2 or 1) motor inputs
- Use CIM motors or AM Planetary Gearboxes or a combination of both
All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thorough grease of the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
Bad parts replaced
Tight bearing slipped - new trannies sent without issue. New trannies broken in and shifting testing TBD