This shift-on-the-fly gearbox, uses a dog gear shifting method. Motor input accepts two CIM style motors. The output shaft is a round 1/2" 4140 steel shaft with a 1/8" keyway.
The Super Shifter includes hardware for pneumatic shifting, but the pneumatic cylinder is not included.
Three differences compared to the original AM Shifter design:
- An extra reduction stage is included. This stage allows for direct drive applications of 4", 6" and 8" wheels.
- The output shaft extends outside the gearbox, as opposed to being captured within the side plates.
- A pneumatic cylinder, Bimba model 04-0.5-DP, 3/4" bore x 1/2" stroke, (not included) shifts between high and low gear. This cylinder mounts with a 5/8-18 nut (not included). This is a strong, fast method of shifting, lasting under 0.5 seconds and pushing with 26 pounds of force (if using 60 psi). This pneumatic shift can be done while a robot is accelerating.
Total Weight: approx. 4.0 lbs., without motors or pneumatic cylinder installed
Gear Ratios Options:
|Part #||Ratio High:Low||Low Gear Ratio||High Gear Ratio||Small Output Gear||Medium Cluster Gear||Final Stage Large Gear||Final Stage Small Gear|
|am-0114||2.56 : 1||24.0 : 1||9.4 : 1||35 tooth||28 tooth||45 tooth||20 tooth|
|am-2253||4.1 : 1||24.0 : 1||6.0 : 1||28 tooth||35 tooth||45 tooth||20 tooth|
All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thoroughly grease the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
To purchase individual parts to change ratios on your own, see Optional Parts Sold Separately below.
- Shielded, flanged ball bearings
- 4140 steel 20 dp gears, w/ 14.5 degree pressure angle
- 1/4" thick aluminum side plates
- Encoder and Cable
- Two - CIM gears (12 tooth)
- Two - 5/16" retaining clips
- Two - 2mm x 2mm machine keys
- Four - #10-32 screws, for motor mounting
- One - 1/4-28 screw for servo actuation
- One - 1/4-28 nut
- One - 0.33" id plastic spacer (for installation between motor and 12 tooth gear)
- Six - 5/16" id washer to space out CIM gear (3 for each motor)
- Designed for 2 (or 1) motor inputs
- Use CIM style motors
Optional Parts Sold Separately:
- am-0114 & am-2253 Final Stage: 45:20 gear set
- am-0114 : 35 Tooth Small Output Gear and 28 tooth Medium Cluster Gear
- am-2253 : 28 Tooth Small Output Gear and 35 Tooth Medium Cluster Gear
Optional Super Shifter Output Shafts:
- Long SS Wheel Shaft (output shaft, sticking out 3.94")
- Long SS Hex Shaft: this is an extended intermediate shaft, used if the final stage is not needed
- Hex SS Wheel Shaft provides a hex output shaft, if a FR8ZZ-Hex bearing is used.
- Hex SS Long Wheel Shaft provides a longer hex output shaft, if a FR8ZZ-Hex bearing is used.
- An aluminum Hex SS Wheel Shaft can replace the standard steel Wheel Shaft
The encoder wheel fits on the back end of the Wheel Shaft so that the outer face of the encoder wheel is aligned at the same level as the tips of the encoder clip posts, as shown in this picture:
Super Shifter gear box
Great Parts with fast service.