All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thoroughly grease the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
This compact gearbox is designed to provide an overdrive from the motor input. The output shaft has a 1/2 in. round output diameter with a 1/8 in. keyway and a 1/4-20 tapped hole in the end. This gearbox can be ordered with a 1:1.67 or 1:1.21 ratio. Two different shaft plates are included in this kit, allowing for numerous mounting possibilities. These two different shaft plates can be seen in the product pictures above. This gearbox is shipped unassembled.
Individual Loose Hardware For Both Ratios:
- One - SpinBox Housing (am-2456)
- One - SpinBox Shaft Plate, Flange (am-2457)
- One - SpinBox Shaft Plate, Small (am-2463)
- One - CIMple Box & Spinbox Output Shaft (am-0740a)
- One - 3/8" id Flanged, Shielded Ball Bearing (FR6ZZ) (am-0028)
- One - 1/2" id Flanged, Shielded Ball Bearing (FR8ZZ) (am-0030)
- One - 8mm id push on Retaining Ring (am-0033)
- One - 1/4 in. washer (am-1027)
- One - 1/4-20 x 1/2 screw (am-1039)
- One - 1/8x1/8x0700 Machine Key (am-1043)
- Six - #10-32 x 5/8 thread patch screws (am-1120)
- One - 2mm x 2mm machine key (am-1121)
- One - 185x385, nylon, 0.625 od, 0.385 id, 0.185 thick, white (am-2271)
1:1.67 Ratio Exclusive Hardware:
- One - 40T 20DP 8mm Round Bore with 2mm Keyway, Steel Gear (am-2458)
- One - 24T 20DP 0.5" Hex Bore, Steel Gear (am-2459)
1:1.21 Ratio Exclusive Hardware:
- One - 35T 20DP 8mm Round Bore with 2mm Keyway, Steel Gear (am-2460)
- One - Gear 29T, 20dp, 500 hex for SpinBox (am-2461)
- Designed for one CIM motor style input.
Items NOT Included:
- Ratio: 1:1.67,1:1.21
- Weight: 1.87 lb.