All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thoroughly grease the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
This compact gearbox is designed to provide an overdrive from the motor imput. The output shaft is well secured and has a 1/2" output diameter. This gearbox can be ordered with a 1:1.67 or 1:1.21 ratio. Two different shaft plates are included in this kit, allowing for numerous mounting possabilites. These two different shaft plates can be seen in the product pictures above. This gearbox is shipped un-assembled.
Invidivual Loose Hardware For Both Ratios:
- One - SpinBox Housing (am-2456)
- One - SpinBox Shaft Plate, Flange (am-2457)
- One - SpinBox Shaft Plate, Small (am-2463)
- One - CIMple Box & Spinbox Output Shaft (am-0740)
- One - 1/2" id Flanged, Shielded Ball Bearing (FR8ZZ) (am-0030)
- One - 185x385, nylon, 0.625 od, 0.385 id, 0.185 thick, white (am-2271)
- One - 2mm x 2mm machine key
- One - 1/8x1/8x0700 Machine Key, steel (am-1043)
- Two - #10-32 x 5/8 screws, for motor mounting
- Four - #10-32 x 3/4 screws
- One - 1/4-20 x 1/2 screw
- One - 1/4 washer
- One - 40T 20DP 8mm Round Bore with 2mm Keyway, Steel Gear (am-2458)
- One - 24T 20DP 0.5" Hex Bore, Steel Gear (am-2459)
- One - 35T 20DP 8mm Round Bore with 2mm Keyway, Steel Gear (am-2460)
- One - Gear 29T, 20dp, 500 hex for SpinBox (am-2461)
Excellent company to deal with; item was received in a very short time! Item was ordered a little late as it was back ordered at the time we first wanted to order it; however, we managed to get it a few days before Bag & Tag. Thank you.