Sonic Shifter - Key - 2.56:1 [Low 24.0:1 / High 9.4:1]
This shift-on-the-fly gearbox, uses a dog gear shifting method. Motor input accepts two CIM motors, or two AM Planetary Gearboxes or a combination of either (both not included). The output shaft is...Read More
0 reviewsWrite a Review
- The output shaft is centered on the gearbox
- CIM motor inputs centered on the gearbox
- The Sonic Shifter is lighter than the AM Shifter and Super Shifter designs
- Wider variety of gear ratio options available
Two shifting methods are available for the Sonic Shifter. The pneumatic method is much stronger and faster than the servo method.
- A pneumatic cylinder, Bimba model 04-0.5-DP, 3/4" bore x 1/2" stroke, (not included) shifts between high and low gear. This cylinder mounts with a 5/8-18 nut (not included). This is a strong, fast method of shifting, lasting under 0.5 seconds and pushing with 26 pounds of force (if using 60 psi). This pneumatic shift can be done while a robot is accelerating.
- A Servo Shifting hardware pack is available (am-xxxx), but not included with this product.
- A Hi-Tech Servo, model HS-422HD is included in am-xxxx, using an actuation fork to shift between the 2 gear settings. This is a slow, weaker method of shifting (compared to pneumatic), taking 1.5-2 seconds and pushing with up to 8.5 pounds of force. A robot driver may need to back off of the throttle to let a servo shift gears while moving.
Gear Ratios Options:
|Part #||Ratio High:Low||Low Gear Ratio||High Gear Ratio||Small Output Gear||Medium Cluster Gear||Final Stage Large Gear||Final Stage Small Gear||4" Wheel Output Speed (fps)||6" Wheel Output Speed (fps)|
|am-2509a||2.56: 1||24.0 : 1||9.4: 1||35 tooth||28 tooth||45 tooth||20 tooth||3.24/8.29||4.86/12.43|
|am-2509c||4.1 : 1||24.0 : 1||6.0 : 1||28 tooth||35 tooth||45 tooth||20 tooth||3.24/12.95||4.86/19.43|
|am-2509e||2.56 : 1||14.8 : 1||5.8 : 1||35 tooth||28 tooth||45 tooth||20 tooth||5.24/13.42||7.86/20.13|
|am-2509g||4.1 : 1||14.8 : 1||3.7 : 1||28 tooth||35 tooth||45 tooth||20 tooth||5.24/20.97||7.86/31.46|
To purchase individual parts to change ratios on your own, see Optional Parts Sold Separately below.
- Designed for 2 (or 1) motor inputs
- Use CIM motors or AM Planetary Gearboxes or a combination of both
- Long SS Wheel Shaft (output shaft, sticking out 3.94")
- Long SS Hex Shaft: this is an extended intermediate shaft, used if the final stage is not needed
- Hex SS Wheel Shaft provides a hex output shaft, if a FR8ZZ-Hex bearing is used.
- Hex SS Long Wheel Shaft provides a longer hex output shaft, if a FR8ZZ-Hex bearing is used.
- An aluminum Hex SS Wheel Shaft (made from 7075 aluminum) can replace the standard steel Wheel Shaft
The Sonic Shifter uses many of the same fabricated parts as the AM Shifters (am-0001, am-0114 or am-0957) transmissions: CIM gears (12 tooth), Large Cluster Gear, Medium Cluster Gear, Small Output Gear, Large Output Gear, Dog Gear, Cylinder plate, Shifter Shaft, and Shift Block
Thanks to Evan from 2470 and Sean from 2489 for our gearbox name, the "Sonic Shifter."
- Product Lifecycle: replaced by <a href='/products/evo-shifter?sku=EVO-2-226-075-SK2'>EVO-2-226-075-SK2</a>
- Weight: 4.2 lbs
Returns are not accepted for this product.